DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Grim Prarie tales and coffin rock i had good luck with for getting the characters seasoned.

My map-envy cannot be quantified using numbers known to man

Quote Originally Posted by Hendell View Post
    Grim Prarie tales and coffin rock i had good luck with for getting the characters seasoned.
    Hendell, you are giving sage advice

That's a handout that I created to start the AGATHA LEEDS chain of adventures - and it comes from Grim Prairie Trails. The plan being to have some adventures on the road - and then this will be big enough for them to be able try and lower the FEAR level for the area.

Anyhow, you are right, a lot of the materials there are good for getting started.

Blog Entries
    I ran a modified version of Coffin Rock and my players loved it. It's a great introduction to Deadlands too -- especially if you really play up the changes to the people and locations as the fear level rises.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I ran a modified version of Coffin Rock and my players loved it. It's a great introduction to Deadlands too -- especially if you really play up the changes to the people and locations as the fear level rises.
    I'd be crazy to dodge two recommendations for Coffin Rock. The Agatha Leeds chain points to Leadtown which is described as being a place that could located pretty much anywhere you want. Somewhere near Coffin Rock, Colorado, sounds like a good location

Thanks for the recommendation

Last edited by Topdecker; March 13th, 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Pesky, pesky grammar

Ok, HOUSE CALL is now fully mapped...

Daddy's Boy and Envy are now in the pipeline. The funky thing is that you could almost use the same maps (homestead & barn are featured on both). Might be switching over to a more common battle map style for these.

I've started on the One Sheet - Daddy's Boy which tells a brief but poignant tale; or gets everybody shot up.

This a map representing the Conway homestead. The scorched-up barn in the NE corner is where Dad hides during the day.

All of the buildings are from various Inkwell packages which I highly recommend for cranking out maps with structures. Most everything else is from the free CSUAC library. I added runs of light and shadow to help make the ground look a bit more natural and to make the surfaces of the roofs less uniform. Fractal Mapper 8 was the tool of choice.

And the little building behind house isn't a shed.

As for using the map in FG, you probably will want to put a 50 pixel grid over the map. It might be ok at 75px, but 100 pixels is too large. (This does matter - a melee-centric group is going to want less ground to cover.)

The map of Cobre got an update; you may need to refresh to see it.

The HOUSE CALL maps were both updated. Again, you may need to refresh or dump your cache. You can tell you have the right version if the debris on the floor no longer has shadows (and no longer appears to be flying).

Here are supporting maps for the AGATHA LEEDS first encounter in Grim Prairie Trails. First is an quick area map.

The official documentation mentions Nacogdoches, the fictional village of Caldwell, and the Culwen Cabin being on a haddock in a swamp, but not much else. I took the names (except Culwen) and the general course of the road and water ways from a historical 1870s county map and made a quick map. I didn't bother too much to verify the map scale because it doesn't matter that much.

The area was not very populated, particularly near the bayou. I imagine that the heat is hot and the skeeters thick. This area might support some big wild boars, and maybe an encounter with a 650lb boar might be fun.

Here is the Culwen Cabin, the spot where the posse gets to fight Agatha and the Caldwell devil.

It is my first 'battle map' with Campaign Cartographer 3+ and it didn't work out exactly like I had wanted, but it was better in a lot of unexpected ways, so I rolled with it.

Plenty of trees in the event that your Caldwell Devil wants to play hide and seek.

EDIT:

Tossing in satellite imagery so you can get a sense of how bad the terrain is near La Nana Bayou.

Last edited by Topdecker; March 18th, 2017 at 22:38.

Thread Information