DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

DLR - The Flood mapping assets

I am starting to get assets constructed and assembled for THE FLOOD. I will be sharing my mapping and art efforts in this thread.

First up, a regional overland map...

This was based off of several earlier official maps, enjoy!

Last edited by Topdecker; March 11th, 2017 at 23:38.

Your timing is impeccable I have just started The Flood my self.

Very nice, I shall look forward to "stealing it all"
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I hope you find some useful bits.

I am planning on going a bit Rippers on this, with a hook to the "Son's of Liberty" as the organizational face of the Twilight Legion. I am going to use a fictionalized version of William Pinkerton, son of Allan Pinkerton - the founder of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency and known abolitionist. William will use his considerable resources to provide extra information, funding, and motivation to the players while having the benefit of having a name that the players will recognize.

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful map. I'm subscribing.

Blog Entries
    Nice work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

THE FLOOD MAP PACK PDF was released a long time ago and seems to be filled with much better maps than what is included in the FG product.

I've converted all the images over to cleanly constructed JPGs (i.e. no cropping issues and correctly rotated) and dropped them into a FG module file. I'd love to post it or the images here, but I don't own them and I've happily managed to go through life without getting a single cease and desist notice.

I am happy to provide the images and MOD file to Smite in the event that they get the necessary permissions OR want the images to replace what is currently being used.

I have include a shot of the border so that...
    1. You can see that there are no artifacts or other remnants of a poor crop
    2. The image quality is noticeably superior to that included in the FG/PDF product

A one on one quality comparison:

Probably a 20% improvement.

Last edited by Topdecker; March 12th, 2017 at 19:40. Reason: Spelling, grammar, and other things I suck at

Not specifically for THE FLOOD, but thought that I would share.

Very nice, is that the new Profantasy map style from the annual?

Need to have a play with that myself
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

It is indeed a style from the annual. I just wanted to take a peek at it and the next thing you knew I had quick 10x15 mile map that I could drop into any South-western region. It is a really fun little pack.

I am going to use a number of the ONE SHEET freebies from Pinnacle. First one mapped out is HOUSE CALL. which has this map:

Here is a version ready for the virtual tabletop:

It doesn't quite line-up as a 1:1 copy, but it comes close. Also worth noting, this has a secret room with stairs that go to the same place as the main staircase. I am going to provide documentation in the secret room that lets the posse know that Maxwell has a weakness to headshot AND allow them a chance to creep up on the brute and get the drop.

What are we doing here? I started really looking critically at THE FLOOD and decided that my posse needs to get a little more seasoned before they venture to the west coast . They are starting as novice rank characters and they need some easier stuff in order to toughen up and learn to work as a team. So I am slinging together some of the One Sheets that I like and will intersperse them along their path of travel.

Thread Information