DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Blog Entries
    Going from memory and no coffee yet, but I think if you specify a token module the GM doesn't own (or... ::cough:: make a typo and misspell one you DO own...) it just comes up blank, no errors or anything. Same as if you'd not bothered linking a token.

But I wouldn't trust my just-woke-up-and-coffeeless memory either...

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Would it be a good thing to list in the notes, something like: "Verm" token created via MapTools from monster portrait. (Along with link to MapTools) Or is that too minor.
    I'd say that's too detailed. I wouldn't even bother saying if you've made tokens from the monster portrait, that would probably be pretty obvious, and isn't really adding to the module. Just cover what you've done at a high level - the conversion notes should be to let people know any specific processes/tasks they may need to carry out e.g. if you have linked information from another module - detail the requirements of that module being open, if you have used tokens from another module (just in case somewhere down the line those tokens are no longer available). If the conversion notes are too detailed then few people will read them - use brief bullet points to relay important information.

If the DM did NOT own these and I linked a token from them - does the NPC get an error or the letter "S" (for a skeleton, for example)?
    If there is not a valid token available the default letter token will be used when the NPC is added to an encounter or the CT. There will be a blank token shown in the NPC record itself.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If there is not a valid token available the default letter token will be used when the NPC is added to an encounter or the CT. There will be a blank token shown in the NPC record itself.
    Thanks Trenloe, I wrote that real early and got caught up on specifics. I should have asked if I should give CREDIT (credits page more likely) on use of TokenTools like "non-ruleset tokens created using TokenTool", blah blah thanks

I couldn't test my specific example of the Skeleton token because it was from a WotC VAULTified module, so I couldn't "remove" it temporarily. Instead, I found a token in the Ray "Monster Pogs" mod and used that, then removed it from my modules directory. Instead of switching to G for Goblin, it popped off a script error

[string "scripts/manager_combar.lua"]:822: addToken: Parameter 2 is not the name of a valid token.

So yes, I must stick to ruleset or tokens I myself supply

*Unless I can edit the XML ... now that think of it (Quack /wink) the reference may specifically target that module and maybe I can change the xml by hand to do some "@*" work or something. Will look and try.

Nope... didn't work with @*

Not gonna look any further. I can give them the Goblin because as people told me even if the token pack is not open it will do so if you own it and we all get that pack with FG.
    I will leave Skeleton as S since I am not an artist and I have no skel pic in C&C book.

Blog Entries
    Yep, since M&T is included with the ruleset, go ahead and link to those tokens and letters (or leave it blank and FG will auto-letter it) for the rest.

Sadly, as you noticed, @* doesn't work for token modules like it does for... module modules.

Blog Entries
    Nope... didn't work with @*

Not gonna look any further. I can give them the Goblin because as people told me even if the token pack is not open it will do so if you own it and we all get that pack with FG.
    I will leave Skeleton as S since I am not an artist and I have no skel pic in C&C book.
    Google images actually lets you search for images by license type now. It's not perfect, but in a short time you should be able to find some skeleton images that are CC0 or CC-BY, etc images that you can use freely.

Just do a search like this one; https://www.google.com/search?q=skel...h=667&dpr=1.38
    And then make sure you check the actual webpage to make sure the image is free for commercial use.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information