DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Select Language

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    I guess I'd ask for it to be a feature in the Unity release.
    Please log any feature requests here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Furthermore, I cannot figure out how to assign a speaker to the chat story entry. It's not available in my right click options, which include: Share Sheet, Close Window, Minimize, Paragraph Types.
    It's a two step process. First assign the text as chat, then you can use the right-click menu to change the format again - with the assign speaker option now available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

PFRPG: Ah, found it under Paragraph Type, thanks.

It's not intuitive at all. If you've selected an NPC speaker, this button doesn't assign them as the speaker. What it does is give you an option to type in a name, basically.

It's easier to just use the keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl-3 to make the current paragraph a speech bubble, then Ctrl-Tab to add an assignment thing, then type the name of the NPC. Which doesn't have to actually exist as an NPC. If it's writing on the wall, for example, I use "Writing on the wall" as the "NPC name".

Attached is a couple of screenshots - GM view and player view of the same thing. On the player view, I added the language between the two clicks on the chat bubble, so you can see what a player sees both translated and untranslated.

Attachment 18209

Attachment 18210

I made like the screenshot

I'm wrestling with this now. On one hand it's clear how to use the chat language, it's very useful. On the other hand, I want the players to have an item that is encoded with a language, something that they may posses now, but decode later. Or, simply, to have to consult on later. I'll add a suggestion to encode a language into the script - simple markup would be useful here: <Orc> G'mork, you must delay those pesky adventurers, I will send you my Dark Elven blade <Undercommon>Darkness</Undercommon> to assist</Orc>

Quote Originally Posted by f00dbar View Post
    I'm wrestling with this now. On one hand it's clear how to use the chat language, it's very useful. On the other hand, I want the players to have an item that is encoded with a language, something that they may posses now, but decode later. Or, simply, to have to consult on later. I'll add a suggestion to encode a language into the script - simple markup would be useful here: <Orc> G'mork, you must delay those pesky adventurers, I will send you my Dark Elven blade <Undercommon>Darkness</Undercommon> to assist</Orc>
    You can’t do this - you’ll have to manually encode it as unreadable now and then manually change it to readable later.

Additionally, you can’t mix 2 different fonts in the same section of displayed text.

Blog Entries
    If you are using Item Identification, then leave the item un-identified for now and then when they get it translated you just identify it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The item in question was just a note written by the protagonist and found by the party. They were meant to find it, but only some were meant to read it as to promote the dialog amongst the players. In the end I went with pasting the contents of the scroll into the chat window in the intended language. It worked, although the desire to have this functionality is still there.

Trenloe - embedding nested fonts is a core function of any markup language. It would be a matter of adjusting the parser to handle it. My suggestion was to treat the problem as one of markup - if the parser were able to handle this, then you'd get this feature "for free". Additionally, any portion of the engine would benefit accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Trenloe - embedding nested fonts is a core function of any markup language. It would be a matter of adjusting the parser to handle it. My suggestion was to treat the problem as one of markup - if the parser were able to handle this, then you'd get this feature "for free". Additionally, any portion of the engine would benefit accordingly. Just a suggestion.
    This is a limitation of how FG handles fonts - not a parser or markup issue, or similar.

Any suggestions can be made here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information