DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Select Language

Select Language

Is there a way to select the language you want to use when using one of those story-mode chat bubbles? It always seems to post them in "common."

Give the bubble a "speaker", then select the language you want in the selection box at the bottom of the chat window. As long as the bubble has a speaker, it will use the selected language.

Blog Entries
    You can also set the language for a chat bubble by right clicking on it. I don't remember the names of the icons/commands, but it's in a sub-level of the right mouse button menus.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can also set the language for a chat bubble by right clicking on it.
    In a Story entry? Are you sure?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In a Story entry? Are you sure?
    Now you made me go look and try. I'm absolutely, positively sure I was wrong. You can assign speaker, not language. I'm getting old and my memory is flawed, I think...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails I decided to test what I said about displaying the text in the chat with another language.I wrote a text and activated the speech bubble, in the chat I selected the language and then clicked on the balloon.
    The message appeared normally.
    But when I appointed a personality there, the text appeared altered and only those who understood could read.
    The case is if you have how to do this in Story mode could show how?
    For example:
    Let's say the characters are in an old dwarven ruin and have some message engraved on the walls in the dwarven language. Those who can read dwarf see the text usually already those who will not only see those runes.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    The case is if you have how to do this in Story mode could show how?
    For example:
    Let's say the characters are in an old dwarven ruin and have some message engraved on the walls in the dwarven language. Those who can read dwarf see the text usually already those who will not only see those runes.
    You can't do this automatically within the story entry. You need to set the language in the chat window and make sure there is a speaker assigned to the chat story entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm not really following along with any of these suggestions. The ONLY way I am able to produce different language fonts is to manually select the language in the chat window drop-down and then copy and paste the text into chat.

Selecting the language and then clicking the chat bubble from story mode does NOT use the language I've selected.

Furthermore, I cannot figure out how to assign a speaker to the chat story entry. It's not available in my right click options, which include: Share Sheet, Close Window, Minimize, Paragraph Types.

In any case, if we can't do this automatically in story mode, I guess I'd ask for it to be a feature in the Unity release.

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Furthermore, I cannot figure out how to assign a speaker to the chat story entry. It's not available in my right click options, which include: Share Sheet, Close Window, Minimize, Paragraph Types.
    What ruleset? It would be under "Paragraph Types", "Assign Speaker". Also, try Ctrl-Tab while in the chat bubble (that's the shortcut).

Here is an illustration (I had Dwarven selected while I clicked he chat bubbles, notice only the one with a speaker assigned was sent as Dwarven):
    Attachment 18205

Thread Information