FG Spreadshirt Swag

4E Hit Points BUG

Hello,

While my group was leveling up characters today, we noticed that the hit points are not increasing automatically when the character's level goes up. That used to be a thing, but doesn't seem to work any longer.

Also, it looks like the bug may have been around for a while, since they all were a couple levels short on HP. If you run a 4E game, verify character hit points!

Thanks,
    Shimrath.

4e doesn't automatically update hit points, as there is no auto-filling class functionality. This has always been the case for 4e ruleset, same with defences and other things that auto populate.
    That functionality only applies to 5e DnD

*Looks around, embarrassed. . .*

Thanks for the quick reply!

The 4E game i'm running had a hiatus for a few months, during which time i was playing in a 5E game. I think i got spoiled by the functionality, and then expected it to be present on the 4E character sheets when we got back to it. Sorry for the confusion!

-Shimrath.

No worries, I do the same all the time. I always forget the effect removal extension is only 5e :P

Spite,

It also appears we have some crossover in campaigns! I am currently running Zeitgeist (Chapter 4) for my 4E group, and Out of the Abyss (just started) for my 5E group.

-Shimrath.

Ahh very nice. We've just tied up Out of the Abyss the other week. It's SO good. Probably my favourite of the 5e books so far.

How've you found Zeitgeist? We're just starting on Adventure 2 (the Danoran Consulate investigation) and we're digging the investigation portion of it.

Thread Information