STAR TREK 2d20

Playtest Stargate Conversion for me.

I have been working on this conversion of the D20 Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game, for quite some time. It's basically the entire reason I bought the Savage World's Ruleset. After I played in a Star Trek and then a Scooby Doo game, I immediatly thought, this would be great for Stargate. Because I'm a Savage World's Novice, I would like some feedback on this first draft. I basically guessed at everything. And have never actually ran a Savage World's game.

I had some trouble exporting it, and for some reason some of the equipment tables merged together. And I can't figure out how to keep them from merging, as they appear normally in my library. And I had a slight issue with random generation tables. In the GM's guide there should be a master table for World Creation that outputs to a story entry. I am interested on feedback on how easy that is to read, and how useful the information is for world creation.

Any advice or tips, would be appreciated.

Everything is from chapters 5-11, in the SG-1 Rulebook, and falls under OGL content. It's my first time making a module with OGL content, so feel free to check my work on that front.

Savage Stargate Player's Guide
    Savage Stargate GM Guide
    Last edited by Ferrin; February 28th, 2017 at 00:17.

I'll gladly take a look at this!

Edit: Is this based of the AEG Stargate SG-1? And I see what you mean about the tables. I'll take a look at the XML on the backend and see if I can't suss out where the issue lies.

GB
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; February 28th, 2017 at 01:11.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    I'll gladly take a look at this!

Edit: Is this based of the AEG Stargate SG-1? And I see what you mean about the tables. I'll take a look at the XML on the backend and see if I can't suss out where the issue lies.

GB
    Yeah, it's the AEG Stargate SG-1.

Awesome job! I'll spend some time going over it in some more detail this weekend. It'd be cool to generate some pregens and run a test game with it!

GB
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; February 28th, 2017 at 01:37. Reason: Missed the obvious
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Awesome job! I'll spend some time going over it in some more detail this weekend. I assume that you've not playtested the conversion?

GB
    Nope, not playtested it myself yet. Was planning on doing a one shot sometime in the next two weeks. Now that I've got the modules built, I'm fleshing out an SGC Command structure, and building NPCs. Making some handouts for gate addresses.

Thanks for taking a look at this for me.

So I took an impromptu break, had a death in the family, but I'm looking to pick development of this back up. Still looking for collaborators with more experience in Savage Worlds than I have. If anyones interested let me know.

I have only had a quick glance at this, and it looks very good. Has there been any additional work done on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Claybor View Post
    I have only had a quick glance at this, and it looks very good. Has there been any additional work done on it?
    Sadly, no, I got sidetracked and as a passion project it fell by the wayside. I am planning on picking it back up soon though. A lot of things came off my plate.

I still need feedback on where i can improve it. Now, more than ever, as I haven't even looked at it in months.

I had a small conversion I was looking at trying to maybe do something with, but since I saw your setup I have wanted to work with it instead. I am just starting to get my feet wet with running games on FG though, and have been trying to get the hang of it with some purchased Last Parsec adventures. I do hope to get some time to dig into this a bit more though. There is a lot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybor View Post
    I had a small conversion I was looking at trying to maybe do something with, but since I saw your setup I have wanted to work with it instead. I am just starting to get my feet wet with running games on FG though, and have been trying to get the hang of it with some purchased Last Parsec adventures. I do hope to get some time to dig into this a bit more though. There is a lot there.
    Awesome, I'm glad you enjoy it. If you do get a game going, send me a message, I'd love to sit in and watch, see how easy it is for people to pick up. Maybe do a q and a about it afterwards.

Thread Information