STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Since the beginning of March, we have doubled the number of images,
    adding a sci-fi/industrial collection Taboo-Tech, and big pack of handpainted textures.
    The replenishment process is ongoing and in the near future the collections will continue to grow full.
    All images of excellent quality and maps created with them may be used for commercial purposes.

Blog Entries
    Same question as elsewhere. I used Neverwinter Nights for over 12 years. What will my comparative learning curve be?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I have very little experience with the NWN editor, so it's difficult for me to compare.
    In general, I think the app is very easy to learn.
    If you have minimal experience with Photoshop you will be even easier, because DPS borrows from there many approaches.
    You can watch this two minutes video about the online version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8EFGpBN6aQ
    And try it here https://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ (require Flash Player)
    A new application is much more powerful and convenient.

Blog Entries
    JohnD there are only a handful of things to learn with DPS.

1. Every time you draw something its on a new layer. You can move layers up and down. You will have lots of layers in a short time and that can take getting used to.
    2. Many objects start drawing when you click and stop drawing on your second click.
    3. Some drawing objects will take multiple clicks - start, corner, corner, corner etc and will only end when you click back to the starting point or when you double click to end.
    4. Some objects/tiles can be used with brush which is more freehand or more like painting and not stuck to grids.

There are lots of other bits but get those going and its quite straight forward.
    Try the online version as pyro has linked to.
    The app version has more options.

Does it let you control wall shadows and so forth?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Yes, you may create some reusable effect presets, each with different options.
    This video illustrates this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dluKCWyyE5s since 0:20.

I noticed last night there are a ton of new images (the hand painted are nice!) added to DPO. Hoping to have some more time to use it this weekend. I've also got a ton of images that I'm planning to import and use to see how that works. One thing I did notice, and I'm hoping it is an enhancement that will be forthcoming, but I could only import a single image at a time (last week or the week before). I'm hoping to be able to import in bulk (and if it is already added I will find that out this weekend when I have a chance to import some of my own images).
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Since the beginning of March, we have doubled the number of images,
    adding a sci-fi/industrial collection Taboo-Tech, and big pack of handpainted textures.
    The replenishment process is ongoing and in the near future the collections will continue to grow full.
    All images of excellent quality and maps created with them may be used for commercial purposes.
    Thanks pyro loving it so far

Dungeon Painter Studio now has workshop access for additional mapping assets. Several DPS customers have take the initiative in converting and orgranizing established map assets into the Dungeon Painter Studio folder structure. The two largest assets subscriptions currently available average roughly 320MB each and bring to the program 1,000's of assets. To many mention here but a great boost to a easy to use program.

Once a customer subscribes to the asset through the steam workshop, the Mod button in the DPS program allows the user to view the current workshop subscriptions and allows the user to install, update, or uninstall.

Tops Collection is very well done - with many assets images also presenting the size in squares for the image prior to placing. This asset grouping many images for building, statues, corpse's, cemetery theme, sewer theme, books, food, benches, wall, windows, stable components (hay, straw), overlays (dirt, blood), very well done.

Thread Information