STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    Having used this software for a while now I often try and think how to change the Ui to something more like most other apps and I just cant see how to do it. The UI whilst it has its speed bumps actually works very well once you stop fighting it

Hey damned!! I hope all is well. Yeah - I think it's just trying to train myself to do it a different way than what I'm accustomed to do. As I've been watching more of these YouTube tutorials, I've gotten a bit more comfortable with the UI. I'm not sure if you can answer this but I'm seeing a difference from one of the FG Tutorials from Doug on the Characters page. When using the demo version (version 3.2.2) with the core rules when generating a PC, the Characters button and then 'edit list' then 'add item' the screen pulled up is different than the one that Doug shows in the FG 3.2 Update tutorial. When he does it, it shows a blank character sheet template with name/class/level/background/race etc. When I do it, it's pretty much a blank piece of paper with just "Name" and "Attributes/Skills". The tabs on the sheet are different also. Is this because it's the demo version? Why is this different from the tutorial? If so, would this change if a demo version is logged into the GM's game who has all the books?

That's because you don't have access to the encrypted 5e data without having either a subscription or a full license. Check out the 35e / pathfinder for what the character sheet will look similar to 5e's sheet.

Hi damned - sent you an email. Hey Nylanfs, actually this is with the Core Rules Library and not the 5E Rule Set...

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Another question, using the demo version (version 3.2.2) with the core rules when generating a PC, the Characters button and then 'edit list' then 'add item' the screen pulled up is different than the one that Doug shows in the FG 3.2 Update tutorial. When he does it, it shows a blank character sheet template with name/class/level/background/race etc. When I do it, it's pretty much a blank piece of paper with just "Name" and "Attributes/Skills". The tabs on the sheet are different also. Is this because it's the demo version? Why is this different from the tutorial?
    The 3.2 update video is using the 5E ruleset, not the CoreRPG ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe - thanks for the response. Yup, damned helped me out and I'm good now. Thanks for getting back to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hey Trenloe - thanks for the response. Yup, damned helped me out and I'm good now. Thanks for getting back to me!!
    Cool, glad you got sorted out. He's a good one that damned. Mostly...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information