DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Does FG automatically add the bonus for an equipped Magical or Wondrous Item?

Greetings,

Let's say a PC possesses a "Ring of Protection+1". When that item is marked as equipped in the PC's inventory, will FG add the deflection bonus to the PC's Armor Class?

Experimentation shows that it doesn't automatically add the bonus. Is that correct?

If it doesn't, then what is the best way to handle the bonus?

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. Extensive searching found nothing relevant.

I did this in 5E so not positive it will work the same in 3.5/Pathfinder, but I just created a power on the action tab for Ring of Protection and put these settings in it as an effect:

Ring of Protection; AC: 1; SAVE: 1

I left RND empty

Targeting should be Self

Expend? Never

After the character is added to the Combat Tracker you click the effect button and it should then start running on you all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    I did this in 5E so not positive it will work the same in 3.5/Pathfinder, but I just created a power on the action tab for Ring of Protection and put these settings in it as an effect:

Ring of Protection; AC: 1; SAVE: 1

I left RND empty

Targeting should be Self

Expend? Never

After the character is added to the Combat Tracker you click the effect button and it should then start running on you all the time.
    Ok. So, Fantasy Grounds will not automagically apply the bonuses when the item is marked as equipped. Right?

And that means that an Effect is required?

I have created an Effect for the item in question, and applied it to the PC that possesses (and is wearing) said item.

Thanks for your response.

- s.west

Correct. Only weapons and armour do things automatically when equipped.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for that confirmation. I'm sure that this has been covered, at length, but my memory is bad, and the search function is weak.

Too bad. I assume there is a good reason, but it seems like that would be an easy thing to do, assuming that the item in question (ring, cloak, etc.) has a valid description...

- s.west

p.s. I wish we had a 'chat' (IRC) channel where we could ask questions like this. So that it wouldn't take an entirely new (and possibly redundant) thread to discuss.

We do. It's on Discord. See the sticky in the general forum.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, alrighty then. Found it, signed up. And discovered that there are 281 people currently connected (???). Holy Cow!

So, do I see that it launched on January 27th?

Cool... and there is a place for the kind of question I asked above, right?

Thanks.

- s.west

Yes there's a channel for pathfinder and a support channel too.

Thank you, very much.

Thread Information