5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hmm, just downloaded ZIP from Git, unpacked and put in my rulesets directory. When I unpack and create a new campaign, I get this.

Code:
    Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
    Script Notice: manager_combat.lua, onInit
    Script Notice: manager_combat2.lua, onInit
    Script Notice: manager_combat.lua, setCustomSort
    It seems like that's correct. What are you expecting to see?

No judgement on building rulesets. I started from scratch just like everyone else.

Cheers,
    JPG
    WTF! I dunno why it doesn't show that to me cause that's not what I see. Just what I mentioned above. I'll try a completely clean directory and get the same git zip. Odd odd.

So yeap, just downloaded the zip, installed into another dir and it shows so is actually working. I'm going to try and figure out what's up because this bothers me

Try unpacking the CoreRPG and 5E folders as well. (Mine are usually unpacked, since I work on them all the time.) But, remember that you did so for the next update, or else you won't see the features/fixes added.

Regards,
    JPG

Try unpacking the CoreRPG and 5E folders as well. (Mine are usually unpacked, since I work on them all the time.) But, remember that you did so for the next update, or else you won't see the features/fixes added.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah I already have the CoreRPG and 5e's unpacked as well. I was wondering if I had inadvertently replaced one of their files by mistake but if it's working with this git/zip version without touching them I can't see how that's the problem. Perhaps I have an extra file in my other system that's causing it that I'll have to weed out.

Figured it out. I had the layers extension added and it apparently overrides my custom script.
    Last edited by celestian; February 20th, 2017 at 07:13.

Recommendation - don't do development with extensions enabled. Only use the base rulesets you're working on.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You would have to post your ruleset to try and track down what is happening.

Additionally, I wouldn't recommend updating the CombatManager script, since this a common function in CoreRPG that may be updated over time. If you replace, you will miss changes and/or fixes to that file. That is why CombatManager2 is used by many rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG
    Just wanted to explain what I'm trying to do incase anyone was curious. Right now the Combat tracker lists players higher to lowest initiative. What I'd like to do is flip that in addition to making "Next Actor" go from lowest to highest in order (instead of highest to lowest). AD&D's initiative is 1-10, with lower going first.

That's why I'm poking around in the sort functions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Just wanted to explain what I'm trying to do incase anyone was curious. Right now the Combat tracker lists players higher to lowest initiative. What I'd like to do is flip that in addition to making "Next Actor" go from lowest to highest in order (instead of highest to lowest). AD&D's initiative is 1-10, with lower going first.

Hi celestian have you seen vodokars ADnD ruleset? Or are you doing a 2nd Edition?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post

Hi celestian have you seen vodokars ADnD ruleset? Or are you doing a 2nd Edition?

Thread Information