DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phystus View Post
    It isn't so much the $10 as the time. There's pretty close to a 0% chance that I'll ever run a C&C campaign, and the chances I'll run an AD&D (or clone thereof) campaign are really not much better because I don't have the time to run another campaign. I'm not trying to insult anyone's efforts, I just am not going to have time to use the product in the foreseeable future, and so there's no point in buying it.
    I happen to have C&C, but I agree that a "free" old school ruleset would be a nice option. Also not criticizing vodokar's excellent work - it makes a lot of sense to build off of C&C. But in the era of the 99-cent app, 10 USD will prevent some people from using it.

It's definitely possible to make a ruleset that works for multiple OSR systems, but my guess is that it wouldn't run any of them as well as a dedicated ruleset - especially AD&D with its rules complexity. C&C is also tough to lump in there with ascending AC, although vodokar was able to figure out how to flip it around for AD&D. Either way, making a ruleset is a ton of work, and people will always want it to do something it can't

I'm interested in osr rules and modules for FG.

Absolutely interested!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I loved AD&D, but wouldn't buy a ruleset. Now, old school conversions to 5E, that's something I'm all for and would (within limits) spend money on.
    I am with you there based on the time and energy spent converting Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors and Against the Giants to 5e. From data entry and conversion to acquiring maps and resizing them so I could get the grid to lay nicely on the existing grid of the image was a long, tedious process.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    I am with you there based on the time and energy spent converting Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors and Against the Giants to 5e. From data entry and conversion to acquiring maps and resizing them so I could get the grid to lay nicely on the existing grid of the image was a long, tedious process.
    Do you have an estimate of the average time it took to convert a 32-page classic module from start to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by L. R. Ballard View Post
    Do you have an estimate of the average time it took to convert a 32-page classic module from start to finish?
    6-8 hours. Helps to have the module as a pdf so you can copy and paste text. Maps were the toughest to get the grid to lay nicely. Against the Giants and Keep on the Borderlands took the most time, then Tomb of Horrors and then White Plume Mountain.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    6-8 hours. Helps to have the module as a pdf so you can copy and paste text. Maps were the toughest to get the grid to lay nicely. Against the Giants and Keep on the Borderlands took the most time, then Tomb of Horrors and then White Plume Mountain.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing the estimate presupposes skill with Fantasy Grounds. Did you parse the adventure or paste directly into FG?

I bought some of the 1e to 5E conversions off of DM Guild and they look pretty good. I picked up the G123, D123 and Q1. You have to have the original modules in order to use them so I'm 're-stocking' on those as well. Will probably also pick up A1-4 too.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I bought some of the 1e to 5E conversions off of DM Guild and they look pretty good. I picked up the G123, D123 and Q1. You have to have the original modules in order to use them so I'm 're-stocking' on those as well. Will probably also pick up A1-4 too.
    I used to visit EN World just for conversions to 3.5.

Did you buy the conversion guides from Classic Modules Today?

Thread Information