5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Test Release v3.3.0 (was v3.2.4)

FG v3.3.0 will be a combination of official Pathfinder support and bug fixes. The plan is to make this a fairly quick turnaround release to support the Pathfinder launch.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Key Things
    1) Always backup your campaign data before running the test version.
    2) If the GM is running on test then all of the players will also be running on test.
    3) If you encounter an issues log them in the relevant testing thread - don't use the generic House of Healing, but use this thread.

Notes
    The caching algorithm for player cache data has changed. If you revert to Live to join a game, you will need to nuke your cache, or you will get errors.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 1st, 2017 at 04:50.

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Random encounter NPCs which generate a number encountered less than zero will remove that NPC entry.
    • [CoreRPG+] Tooltip added to activation/speech button on PC sheet.
    • [CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module.
    • [CoreRPG+] Image and item links dropped on an image window will use the name field as the pin name. Identification will be ignored for the pin names to allow this.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Race and class records can be dropped on front page of PC sheet, and links will be created to those records.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Changed race names in basic rules modules to singular form.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] If encounter record opened, XP/CR is zero, and there is at least one NPC entry, then XP/CR will be auto-calculated. (such as when random encounter generated)
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Proficiencies combined into a single list on PC sheet Abilities tab.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Racial traits section added on PC sheet Abilities tab.
    • [4E] Allow PC/NPC powers to be copied into campaign powers list.
    • [CoreRPG+] PC activation button (speech bubble) on PC sheet generates script error in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] When using facing option, tokens would sometimes not be displayed correctly after reloading campaign. Fixed.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CoC/CnC/d20M/SW] Some individual records were incorrectly marked deleteable, which would override formatting menu in formatted text fields. Fixed.
    • [5E] Empty challenge field in NPC record would cause fields to overlap. Fixed.
    • [5E] Warlocks incorrectly given Deception and Persuasion skill proficiency at level 2, due to language in the Eldritch Invocations class feature. This feature will no longer be checked for proficiencies.
    • [4E] Flavor text data error when viewing powers depending on parser used. Changed to use string data type, and to load either. Only string data can be edited.
    • [CnC] Race and class records did not provide a lock button, or allow the name to be edited. Fixed.
    • [DEV] windowinstance: setPosition - Added parameter to specify relative offsets when using negative position parameters.
    • [DEV] Relative links in formattedtext controls not working. Fixed.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updates

• [PFRPG/3.5E] Race and class records can be dropped on front page of PC sheet, and links will be created to those records.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Changed race names in basic rules modules to singular form.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Proficiencies combined into a single list on PC sheet Abilities tab.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Racial traits section added on PC sheet Abilities tab.

JPG
    Great!

Updates

• [LAUNCHER] User name and password fields not saved when clicking Start while field still has focus. Fixed.
    • [5E] Script error when adding armor or shield to PC with the Unarmored Defense class ability. Fixed.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 5th, 2017 at 12:49.

"[CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module."

Would it be hard to turn this into an option you can toggle on / off? Personally I feel these are just in the way and take up screen space, but I can see why some people would probably like them. Depending on how you organize your modules that is. And since I am all for options, can it literally become one?

Vires Animi

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Message added to notify that image records can not be copied.
    • [5E] All images from modules displayed in campaign image list.
    • Copyright year on loading screen updated.
    • [5E] Speed penalty incorrectly applied when wearing heavy armor. Fixed.
    • [5E] Debug output statements appearing when adding pregen characters. Fixed.
    • [DEV][CoreRPG+] Add reference image path to campaign image listing.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 7th, 2017 at 22:05.

Updates

• When exporting records or modules, or copying records, links would not get rewritten when relative to exported or copied path. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] When using read-only export option, links in exported records would not get rewritten to point to read only paths. Fixed.
    • [5E] When creating a new class record, proficiency entries would not work. Fixed.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    "[CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module."

Would it be hard to turn this into an option you can toggle on / off? Personally I feel these are just in the way and take up screen space, but I can see why some people would probably like them. Depending on how you organize your modules that is. And since I am all for options, can it literally become one?

Vires Animi
    These are done as small forward back and up buttons within the existing footer section of the story frame, so I don't think they take up any more room. Are you looking at the new built-in ones? Some of our devs were adding text links within the story for each component and those took up more room.

Blog Entries
    I believe these are the buttons at the bottom of a story entry that are being talked about.
    Attachment 17910
    I would assume they take up some vertical space. But I don't know. If they do, then I think Viresanimi is asking that an option be available to turn them off.

Where I think these types of links are what Doug was talking about as being added by developers;
    Attachment 17911

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I believe these are the buttons at the bottom of a story entry that are being talked about.
    Attachment 17910
    I would assume they take up some vertical space. But I don't know. If they do, then I think Viresanimi is asking that an option be available to turn them off.

Where I think these types of links are what Doug was talking about as being added by developers;
    Attachment 17911
    Yep, that is what I was wanting to clarify. I'm not sure if Moon Wizard had to expand the frame size at all for them, but I didn't think he did since there was already a small footer for the resize handle on the bottom-right. I could be wrong.

Thread Information