DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

OSR/Classic Ruleset Interest List

So far, the feedback has been positive for the following list:

• Hackmaster (in progress by someone else)
    • Labyrinth Lord + AEC
    • Crypts & Things Remastered
    • WWII: Operation White Box
    • Apes Victorious
    • White Star (in progress - Andraax)
    • Mutant Future
    • Starships & Spacemen
    • Metamorphosis Alpha
    • Gamma World
    • Boot Hill

If there are others that you all have interest in, please list them in subsequent posts. I'll add them to the list and after I finish the S&W ruleset, I'll determine which OSR ruleset to tackle next based on community feedback and interest.

Other ideas:
    Basic Fantasy RPG, OSRIC, Dark Dungeons, For Gold & Glory, Adventurer Conqueror King, Mazes & Perils, Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells, Stars Without Number, The Nightmare Underneath, Tunnels & Trolls, Myth & Magic, Godbound
    Last edited by Zhern; January 30th, 2017 at 23:52.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

I've already got a start for a White Star ruleset based on Castles and Crusades. Need to finish that up sometime and put it out there for others...

I haven't decided what I'm going to work on next. Basic Fantasy is a possibility, as is Metamorphosis Alpha or Ape Victorious. Any of those would likely not be too difficult to fork from what I have already worked on. Basic Fantasy, especially. It is basically Castles and Crusades with the AD&D five save system and attribute checks in place of the Siege System.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Would there be any interest in a Gamma World ruleset?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Absolutely, but I'm thinking that the best version of that will be Mutant Crawl Classics when it comes out this summer. It is 100% compatible with the DCC RPG ruleset out of the box. Nothing will need to be done to support it, other than possibly doing a theme extension. Get your books on pre-order.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Heck yeah, Gamma World! I'll add it to the list. I'm thinking that MCC might scratch the itch but no sense leaving GW off the list, you know, just in case!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Oh, and while I was at it, I added Boot Hill! Not sure how I could have forgotten those two yesterday.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Boot Hill would be interesting, but it's been out of print for forever. I haven't seen a copy of it since I moved away from home in the early 80's. If they still exist somewhere's, they would likely cost an arm and a leg on e-bay. Likely not a viable project.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

OSRIC & Dark Dungeons is a good idea for compatibility with AD&D and Rules Cyclopedia / BECMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    OSRIC & Dark Dungeons is a good idea for compatibility with AD&D and Rules Cyclopedia / BECMI.
    Yep, that is what I was thinking too. And to answer your earlier question, I'm definitely going to be adding Crypts & Things Remastered functionality!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information