STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Nice! Wish I could get a copy of some of that work for me to run. Of course a DM could run it mostly by just roleplaying until the groups gets to the dungeons. The Moathouse has some good maps to run using FG. Its small and simple. But, the Temple of Elemental Evil, with this apartment complex of monsters and extensive 4 levels of dungeon, I would think, benefit from running the party on a FG map. With all those monsters keys into FG. That is a huge amount of work. I could hope to work on it for me to run for friends with someone else also working on it. But, I also have a question if anyone heard if Wizards of the Coast or another company might release it retail in FG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    But, I also have a question if anyone heard if Wizards of the Coast or another company might release it retail in FG.
    Since they have Princes of the Apocalypse for 5E I doubt they will be releasing ToEE anytime soon. It is going to take someone who really loves that classic to bring it to FG or a miracle.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Blog Entries
    Since ToEE is still copyrighted material, the best that can be done is that people can converit it for personal use, or do a conversion like www.classicmodulestoday.com that requires you have the original or PDF and just provides a conversion guide for 5E.

As you will notice, the conversion for T1-4 has already been done and published, https://www.dmsguild.com/product/209...mental-Evil-5e

But, you will also notice that no FG module is available. That's because the things you would put into an FG module, the maps and the story entries, are copyrighted and can not be re-produced. But, you can use the guide to make your own FG module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails. I just read that T1-4 module conversion to 5e. I see if I want to run 5e that part is done. I also already own the hard copy of TOEE but would need to buy the PDF version so I can copy/paste it into FG to run players through. It is still a lot of work and wondered if anyone heard rumors if a company was planning on doing it this year. But I guess that is not the case.

So I have to make a choice of doing a lot of work importing everything into 5e but having the benefit of the full use of FG. Or just use FG for the dice, sharing photo's, maps and character sheets then play Theater of the Mind style.
    Or, Get Cestials AD&D ruleset and use that as much as it will allow me. A lot of think about.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Princes of the Apocalypse in the 5E "version" of this.
    Thats the one! Thanks, I couldn't remember the darn name. I shoulda googled it I guess
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLP38 View Post
    LordEntrails. I just read that T1-4 module conversion to 5e. I see if I want to run 5e that part is done. I also already own the hard copy of TOEE but would need to buy the PDF version so I can copy/paste it into FG to run players through. It is still a lot of work and wondered if anyone heard rumors if a company was planning on doing it this year. But I guess that is not the case.

So I have to make a choice of doing a lot of work importing everything into 5e but having the benefit of the full use of FG. Or just use FG for the dice, sharing photo's, maps and character sheets then play Theater of the Mind style.
    Or, Get Cestials AD&D ruleset and use that as much as it will allow me. A lot of think about.
    You don't need to import the text into FG. You only need the NPC's, maps, parcels and encounters. You can read the text from the pdf and most of the NPCs will be in the Monster Manual.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

some one has done a free conversion to 5e herehttps://newworldscoaching.ca/downloadable/toee.pdf, you still need the original to run it though but the conversion job is way better than the one on the DMs guild linked to above also there are some very good maps here https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/v...p?f=31&t=50443 done by someone not unknown on this forum.
    Last edited by hawkwind; September 10th, 2018 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    some one has done a free conversion to 5e herehttps://newworldscoaching.ca/downloadable/toee.pdf, you still need the original to run it though but the conversion job is way better than the one on the DMs guild linked to above also there are some very good maps here https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/v...p?f=31&t=50443 done by someone not unknown on this forum.
    Hawkwind, thank you for the links. I never saw these before. Been reading them and found them invaluable. Thanks!

I have always wanted to run ToEE as a lead into the super module SMGDQ which is the giants drow spiderqueen mod thrown together maybe throw the slavers A series in between but the full conversion would be a monster task
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

Not wasting your time at all. When it's ready, I'd be interested in creating about three to five characters to try to get through it.
    Hommlet can be dropped in any setting, St. Cuthbert is definitely convert-able and Zuggtmoy is gonna be a baddie no matter the version.

The bigger question is if you're going to continue and convert Queen of Spiders as the follow-up.

Thread Information