FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Huzzah!
    Please ask if you need any help on any aspect of it. Game length, content, pre-gens whatever.
    I think it would be cool to run a group through 5 sessions, but that would be hard on a FG CON. I think the Trail of Apprentice series are 3-4 hour shots. The AAW ones I have are shorter , but quite fun. Will start getting myself familiar with the modules. Loved the last FGCON and I want to help make this one even better!
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde87 View Post
    I think it would be cool to run a group through 5 sessions, but that would be hard on a FG CON. I think the Trail of Apprentice series are 3-4 hour shots. The AAW ones I have are shorter , but quite fun. Will start getting myself familiar with the modules. Loved the last FGCON and I want to help make this one even better!
    I love your enthusiasm, but I would not recommend 5 sessions for the convention, and certainly not for your first time DMing. Some GMs have ran multi-session games at previous FG Cons, but this is mostly a maximum of three sessions - usually running at the same time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Additionally, I think you're underestimating how long it will take to run each of the Trail of the Apprentice parts. I'm sure you can prune each down to fit within a convention timeslot though, if that is what you want to do.

I'd recommend you stick to 1-3 events for FG Con 10 - no need to burn yourself out and there will always be plenty of other opportunities in the future. Plus, as you haven't GM'd before, I would strongly recommend that you run a test session a few weeks before the convention - this will give you an idea of timing, get some experience GMing in FG and give you some ideas for the convention. Don't go into the convention cold as a GM!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I love your enthusiasm, but I would not recommend 5 sessions for the convention, and certainly not for your first time DMing. Some GMs have ran multi-session games at previous FG Cons, but this is mostly a maximum of three sessions - usually running at the same time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Additionally, I think you're underestimating how long it will take to run each of the Trail of the Apprentice parts. I'm sure you can prune each down to fit within a convention timeslot though, if that is what you want to do.

I'd recommend you stick to 1-3 events for FG Con 10 - no need to burn yourself out and there will always be plenty of other opportunities in the future. Plus, as you haven't GM'd before, I would strongly recommend that you run a test session a few weeks before the convention - this will give you an idea of timing, get some experience GMing in FG and give you some ideas for the convention. Don't go into the convention cold as a GM!
    Agreed! The Cool to run a group through comment was aimed at later! I ran through some of the Trail series on my own to get a feel, I feel they can be moved along in some areas if needed. The AAW modules I have would definitely fit in the time slots, so I am leaning towards those but I do like the Trial series a lot.
    Ultimate license
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde87 View Post
    ... but I do like the Trial series a lot.
    It is very good. Definitely think about running it outside of FG Con!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It is very good. Definitely think about running it outside of FG Con!
    Thanks! Will do!
    Ultimate license

Blog Entries
    The Con timeslot typically allows for around 3 combat encounters and some roleplaying/challenge ones. No more.
    You can also run the same session on more than one day to lower your prep effort.
    As Trenloe says dont try and overdo it - run 1-3 sessions and if you want more - play in a couple too!

Blog Entries
    I would like to pop in some of the AL 1 hour adventures. Mine will of course be all text for those unable to go voice, but still looking to participate.

(Teufelhunde and I were talking via PM earlier and I will help him practice and get up to speed as an FG GM and ready to go.)

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    I would like to pop in some of the AL 1 hour adventures. Mine will of course be all text for those unable to go voice, but still looking to participate.

(Teufelhunde and I were talking via PM earlier and I will help him practice and get up to speed as an FG GM and ready to go.)
    Fantastic, and thanks, on both counts!

Blog Entries
    So, this idea has been tossed out before, and isn't mine, so...

Would there be value in some of us hosting a "How to GM at FG Con" on March 25th? I would be willing to help, and could host a GoTo Meeting so screen sharing etc can be done. If people are interested, why don't we start another thread?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hola LordEntrails this concept is always a good concept and equally it could be run at FG Con as well.
    This type of session is great to record as well.

Thread Information