5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Blog Entries
    I think this post by heruca is probably telling:

Last one to claim their license is a rotten egg!
    Would you believe that well over half of the backers have yet to claim their license and/or their Add-On registration codes?! It's as if they don't know that MapForge has been officially released and that I've been issuing licenses since February. Yet hardly a day goes by that I don't receive an email or private message saying "Hey, I never got my license, how do I go about getting it?" There have been a lot of Updates with this information, but from now on, I'll just direct people here for step-by-step instructions on how to claim their rewards.

---

Id suggest that maybe it hasnt been well communicated...

Here are links to just 6 of the Updates where I informed backers that they could claim their rewards.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4
    Link 5
    Link 6

When I saw that most people weren't responding, I also sent out mass emails to several hundred backers, inviting them to claim their license and registration codes. Not all of them, yet, but I'm gradually working my way through all 2000. There are limits to how many copies of the same mail I can send out before being assumed a spammer by either my ISP or my email provider, and having my account shut down.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    No I havent registered elsewhere for updates.
    I get updates from other kickstarters via kickstarter...

<snip>

Id suggest that maybe it hasnt been well communicated...
    I don't know... Not sure where the disconnect is. I've only gotten updates on this Kickstarter *exclusively* via Kickstarter after supporting it. I honestly didn't sign up for anything or go to any external sites (despite being notified of them through the KS updates.) I can only guess that you somehow turned off notifications from Kickstarter on updates for this project after supporting it (or they're going into your spam folder or something.)

That said, I am one of the supporters who hasn't claimed his license yet (though I've followed development through beta to release.) I wasn't interested in beta testing it and don't mind waiting until it gets a few more releases under its belt.

I was supporting the development and am happy to wait for it to mature a bit before I start using it.

Me too Trenloe And I purchased most of the add-one. In my case, I did receive most of not all of his notifications, I simply am swamped with work right now and don’t have time for much but a perusal of these boards.
    I do grow frustrated though with all the layers of signups that kickstarters are expected to do after having put out good money to support a startup.
    They said, I don’t have a better idea, so I guess I should just shut up.

Blog Entries
    Thank you.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

"Diverse Dungeons" Kickstarter (Dungeon-themed mapping content for MapForge)

If you've ever struggled with your dungeon maps all looking basically the same, here's a solution. This crowdfunding campaign seeks to broaden MapForge's fantasy-genre content offerings by producing 9 more fantasy-themed mapping content Add-Ons, in order to better support the creation of top-down tactical-scale dungeon battlemaps for tabletop RPG systems such as D&D and Pathfinder.

Quick delivery of rewards is expected (May 2021), and there are no shipping costs involved, since it's all digital downloads. Note that it's a short campaign, which ends in 9 days.

Check out the campaign

PS: Users of Fantasy Grounds Classic who use 50 pixel-per-grid-square maps can use MapForge for free, since a license isn't required for low-resolution output.

Does MapForge support 64-bit macOS yet?

No, and it won't, unless I someday rewrite the app in Unity.

But you can run MapForge on Macs that don't support 32-bit apps (OS X Catalina and Big Sur) using 3rd-party software called Crossover Mac (https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover#mac). It can be used for free for 2 weeks, to try it out.

Thread Information