FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    not trying to stir the pot, or be a jerk, or anything negative, but i have a silly question............Your kickstarter asked for 9grand, you made 82grand, why do you need another round of funding before the program is released? You made over 9 times what you asked for, is this program that in depth?
    Damned summed it up rather concisely (thanks!), but if you want more detail, read the portion of this KS Update called "The coffer is empty". It answers your question more fully.

I certainly WISH I had made $82K, though.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Blog Entries
    To save others from doing the math;
    $82k - 8% > $75,440
    Less half to artists > $37,720
    Minus 30% taxes > $26,404 (self-employment taxes suck don't they?)

$26,404 for 9 months of work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To save others from doing the math;
    $82k - 8% > $75,440
    Less half to artists > $37,720
    Minus 30% taxes > $26,404 (self-employment taxes suck don't they?)

$26,404 for 9 months of work.
    again, not to be a jerk nor cause problems, but that isn't horrible. making $10 an hour gives you less than that for a year, even as an executive chef i am at $30 for 12 months.

All this said, if i were to make maps i would buy this software, so i'm not just talking trash. i am solely commenting on numbers and stuff

(also $26,404 is still more than $9k, did you undervalue your work that much? i do that, thats why i make $30k.. or are these hiccups that unexpected and serious?)
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Blog Entries
    I'm not taking a side on this either way (and I did back this KS). But just some things to note;

- Depending upon your source, the median salary for a software developer in the US is $70k-100k.
    - Annualizing $26,404 to a year is $35,205, half or less than the median US salary.
    - I don't believe Heruca lives in the US.
    - The linked KS Update discusses technical challenges and the situation.
    - The $9k Mapforge program is not the same $82k Mapforge program that was promised with all the unlocked add-ons.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

makes sense
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

I'm not taking a side on this either way
    Me either.

- The $9k Mapforge program is not the same $82k Mapforge program that was promised with all the unlocked add-ons.
    Did the KS backers receive the $9k program as a result of funding the KS @ $82k?
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    Did the KS backers receive the $9k program as a result of funding the KS @ $82k?
    KS backers have access to the beta builds. Don't know if I would consider that the $9k program or not. No $9k version of the application has been (or is planned to as far as I know) released. The full/production version of the program appears close to release when you look at the KS updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    What I think LordEntrails is suggesting is that the program itself has more features (as well as much more content) than what it would have had at $9k.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What I think LordEntrails is suggesting is that the program itself has more features (as well as much more content) than what it would have had at $9k.
    Yes, that's what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    Hi folks. I am going to be creating cross-platform map-making software (for Windows and macOS), suitable for creating both for print-resolution maps and lower-res maps suitable for use with virtual tabletop software. The program will be sort of a spiritual successor to Dundjinni, but with a greater focus on stitching maps together from pre-existing map tiles and then customizing the resulting map (with additional decorations, etc.) to suit the GM's particular needs.

The program should appeal to GMs of face-to-face game sessions and to those using any VTT software, who want to create their own slick-looking battlemaps to visually enrich their RPG sessions, but who find existing mapping programs (including image-editing tools such as Gimp and Photoshop) too intimidating/confusing/expensive.

In late January or early February 2017, I'll be launching a Kickstarter campaign to try to fund the program's development. The software will be priced to be very accessible/affordable, likely in the $20-$25 range (at least during the Kickstarter campaign).

I'm trying to gauge public interest in this, so please let me know if such software would be of interest to you.
    It is time to map, Im for ya!
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Thread Information