FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Image names missing

Hi guys, I'm new to fantasy grounds and have been mucking around with the tools for a couple of days. Only just today i opened up the images & maps section only to find all core books missing image names.

Screenshot - Attachment 17496

Did I press something wrong in the options or library section?

Thanks all, David

Hi Mage welcome to FG and to the community.

there is now an option to hide image names which is on by default. You can change this in the options menu (small cog icon top right menu). If on you can click the unlock button to give the image an unidentified name.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Zacchaeus - I don't think that is the issue here. If you check the screenshot posted all of the images, including in the campaign data list, are showing "<< New Drawing >>"

@Mage McCloud - Try this please: go to the module activation screen and right-click on the module image thumbnail for the PHB and DMG: select "Revert Changes" and see if that makes any difference.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the helps guys, i tried both out both, but both kept image names as 'New Drawing'. I started a new campaign to see if the problem was central to only that campaign. It seems the core handbooks have been moved from the images and maps section, and relocated to their library counterparts.

Screenshot - Attachment 17526

The Images and maps section doesn't have the player handbooks in the drop down (new campaign) but lists the images in the library. My old campaign lists the handbooks and images in both, but the pictures in the images and maps section all default to 'New Drawing'

Must have been something with the update, all good now. Cheers again guys
    Last edited by Mage McCloud; January 20th, 2017 at 11:18.

You could right click on the module and revert changes, but you will lose any alterations you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Zacchaeus - I don't think that is the issue here. If you check the screenshot posted all of the images, including in the campaign data list, are showing "<< New Drawing >>"

@Mage McCloud - Try this please: go to the module activation screen and right-click on the module image thumbnail for the PHB and DMG: select "Revert Changes" and see if that makes any difference.
    I had the same issue. When I did your suggestion my DMSGuide and Volo's images and maps no longer show up. They are not in ALL, or their own category. I even closed them out and opened back up, logged out and back in. They still don't show up in the images/maps. I can still get to them through the library, but no where else.

Blog Entries
    Same here. I don't own ALL the 5E stuff, but out of what I do own, only the 3 core modules (PHB, DMG, MM) are affected. The Images link in the Library works fine but the Images & Maps masterindex window doesn't get loaded so someone may have fiddled with node names? All the other stuff works as intended. I don't own Volo's.

For reference manuals (PHB, DMG Volo etc) images only appear in the library (now). For adventure modules images will appear in the campaign folder and also in the Library. I think if a module was previously loaded then the campaign database may show those images in the campaign list but since the links are no longer there you'll get a New drawing. (I can't test this out since I had a major crash and have only just reinstalled FG and have yet to get my campaign folder restored.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hopefully someone figures this out, I am having the same problem. "reverting changes" just made it worse. First it was the DMG, I reverted changes and now the MM and PHB are suffering the same issue. I'm lost as to how to fix this.

Blog Entries
    As Zacc said above, that was a decision to remove the core book images from the campaign sidebar window. However, if you already have a campaign going, and you'd used those core books, the list was already created. Starting a new campaign will fix it. If you have an ongoing game already, /export it to a module, start a new campaign the open that campaign from the Library.

Thread Information