STAR TREK 2d20

Spellguard shield effects help

I am trying to set up effects for the Spellguard shield.

This is what I am trying to do for the spell attack disadvantage
    GRANTDISATK: [spell]
    Target: Self
    Expend: Never

I don't see a spell class like spell for the [ranged] variable so i intend to make it a
    GRANTDISATK
    Expend: On next roll

so I can just use it right before any spell attacks.

I will probably have to do something similar for the save
    ADVSAV: [spell]
    Expend: Never

will really be

ADVSAV:
    Expend: On next roll

An always active effect would be nicer though.

Any help?

Hi jkagie and welcome to FG and to the Community

There isn't a way to automate the advantage to attack or save vs spell. FG doesn't recognise when an attack is a spell so there's no effects that you can set up to deal with it.

All you can do is set up the effects as you have done (omitting the 'spell' bit) and apply those effects just before the attack comes in, or before a save is necessary.

(And yes, you can't have it always on otherwise the character ill get advantage on saves that they shouldn't be getting and attackers will always have disadvantage).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just bumping to see if any of the new updates have added something a little more automatic for this?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums mothak

As far as I know, FG still does not recognize "spell" as a type of attack. So you will have to keep doing this the way Zacc describes above.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Long time lurker. But normally can sniff out answers to my questions, hence first time posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mothak View Post
    Long time lurker. But normally can sniff out answers to my questions, hence first time posting.
    I see now, 2014

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

He joined same time as I did ��
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information