FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 68 of 150 First ... 1858666768697078118 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I'm having some confusion regarding the "skip" icon in the combat tracker. It is to the immediate left of the little face icon that cycles through colors to indicate an actor's faction (red, yellow, green). It does not seem to work for me when I click on it, darkening the arrow. How is it meant to be used?
    This is a bug (which has been fixed in the upcoming release). The skip, when activated, will simply skip the character/npc in the tracker.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    This is a bug (which has been fixed in the upcoming release). The skip, when activated, will simply skip the character/npc in the tracker.
    Thank you!

I have another question that came up before, but had forgotten about due to the fact that I hadn't GMed in a bit. Using the combat tracker with multiple actors targeted, it used to be that you could apply an effect to the actors target, but it does not work that was now. I believe that you had said that there was some incompatibility between an update to the Gurps ruleset and the parent rulest.

Are there any plans on addressing this issue? It takes quite a bit of extra time find and then drag an effect onto an actor's target, especially if there are multiple targets.

Hello, I am anxious and curious about launching some update in ruleset, would it have some release date or will it be in the exits when ready?
    Hello, I am anxious and curious about launching some update in ruleset, would it have some release date or will it be in the exits when ready?

I have a curiosity regarding the update (drag and drop) and the weapons.When this function is implemented and for example I drag a Regular Bow that has thr + 1 imp in a character with ST 12 for example it will change the damage to 1d imp and put the range in 180/240

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I have a curiosity regarding the update (drag and drop) and the weapons.When this function is implemented and for example I drag a Regular Bow that has thr + 1 imp in a character with ST 12 for example it will change the damage to 1d imp and put the range in 180/240
    Not speaking for Ronke - but as a person who understands programming, the character sheet as it currently exists for the GURPS implementation, includes the secondary stats of thrust and swing damage. Dragging and dropping a weapon would largely require that the bow's initial damage modifier be the primary aspect of the weapon (ie Thrust-1 for example) being added directly to the secondary stat itself to determine its final value in the combat section of the character sheet. Ditto with swords or any other muscle powered weapon that might be found.

One thing that I have since determined via use with my current Cyberpunk game, is that guns should have TWO stats to them instead of one. The first stat is the weapon fired single handed, while the second stat should be fired two handed. When fired two handed, the required ST for the gun changes, as does the recoil value. Since the recoil value changes, and this has an impact on how many bullets strike the target based on margin of success - I found it more expedient to include the second line for "Braced".

And while this probably doesn't matter if Ronke gets full permission to automate certain aspects of GURPS for use with Fantasy Grounds - One of the things I found useful was to enter in the speed/range modifier for use with GURPS in the following manner:

Range: 3 yds -1
    Range: 5 yds -2
    Range: 7 yds -3
    Range: 10 yds -4

Add in all of the range modifiers up to range 20 yards

Then I added one addition range modifier item which was:
    x10 multiplier (use with other range value) -6

So, for instance, range is 60 yrds. Closest value is 7 yds x 10 yds. Click on 7 yds, then on the x10 for a final modifier of -3 and -6 (or -9 overall).

The logic behind this would be: Is Range less than 20 yards. If yes, use the range lookup value for 1 to 20 yards. If greater than 20 yds, divide the range by 10. Is this new less than 20? If not, Divide by 10 again (keep track of how many times you divided by 10) until the value remaining is less than 20 yds. Then do the final refinement of the range modifier.

Example: Range is 205 yds, speed is 19 yds per second. Total value is 224 yds. Since this is greater than 20 yds, we divide by 10, new value is 22.4. This is greater than 20, divide by 10 again, this becomes 2.24. Now we find that 2.24 is nearest to 3, so the hit penalty is -1 for the 2.24 value, -6 for the first division by 10, and a further -6 for the second division by 10, for a final modifier of -13 to hit. This matches precisely what the range penalty for anything in excess of 200 yds, but less than 300 yds should be.

It took a while before my player(s) could get used to it, but once gun combat gets into gear, they'll know it like the back of their hands.

The one player was playing an NCO freshly separated from the military, firing his 10mm Glock 20 at a target 25 yds away - one handed. He took the +4 bonus for firing at a shooting range with known distance, good lighting, etc, took the accuracy of the gun after one second's aim, fired at a target 25 yds away for a head shot. Final modifiers was:

Head -5, Accuracy of gun: +4, Shooting at range with distance known +4, Range penalty -1, Range x10 -6 for an overall -4 to hit. He double tapped his target because he wanted to be certain that all fired ammunition hit. When he went braced with two hands, he fired three shots because of the +1 bonus for braced and the lowered recoil value.

With the skill that he had for his character, he made his head shots. First impressions matter when interviewing for a job in the cyberpunk campaign.

Hope this helps anyone who wants to set up their modifiers to combat rolls table.

Yes, it will convert the damage.

Great! Going beyond in the question...can I create 2 modes of attack in a weapon...like swords...without using the GCA ?

Great! Going beyond in the question...can I create 2 modes of attack in a weapon...like swords...without using the GCA ?
    Yes, but....

I'm still working on the how this feature will work interface wise.

It is hard to explain without pictures, but I'll give it a shot.

Step one: create a character in GCA and make certain you select a pistol for his equipment. Export the character sheet for use with FG. (If you already have this, go to step 2)

Step two: Go to the combat tab. By default, the melee weapons show first. Select the Ranged Tab. In it, you will see the entry for your pistol. But the information is all "packed up" in the sense that you can expand the information. How? Move your mouse over the symbol that looks like a downward's arrow triangle underneath what appears to be an equals sign. It is between the circle with the triangle in it, and the + symbol (if that helps). When you mouse over it, the program will display "Modes". Click on it.

Step 3: now you're in expanded mode for viewing the stats on your pistol or rifle or what ever firearm your character is using. Because GCA only has ONE line of information, that is all you will see when you expand it out. Notice there is a small circle with a / mark in it in white? That's the "edit" button right? Click on that. Immediately, a red circle (I'm slightly color blind, so forgive me if it is perhaps darker brown???) with a white | sign in it. That's so you can delete the information. Leave that alone. Instead, click on the green + circle, which adds a new line or mode, to your weapon stat. In my case, I simply labeled the original line with 1-hand, left everything else the same as it was to begin with. In the new blank line that was added when you hit the green + circle button, I typed in Braced, entered in the skill that was in the original line, added the original damage as was present in the original line, as well as Range, RoF and Shots. What I then changed, was the Rcl value to be 1 less than the original 1-hand value. If for example Rcl was 3, I entered 2 for the Braced line. Hit the button with the / in it, and you now have two modes for your pistol. When you FIRE the pistol in game play, assuming the player is firing the gun braced, you tell the player "Hey, click on the die symbol next to the lvl skill value of the gun in the Braced line. If you fire one handed, use that to roll instead."

That is all there is to changing your gun "mode" in FG. GCA can't handle it unfortunately.

If you ever want to get together to share ideas and thoughts - sort of a "How do you do it in your games" kind of thing - let me know. We can talk about how you've solved some of your problems, and I can talk of how I solved some of my problems, and we can maybe help each other out with ideas etc.

What might be a good idea overall is to have a threat designated specifically for "how do I do this" for GURPS campaigns. It might help cover ground for those newbie GM's who will hopefully come after us and after Ronke gets the go ahead to automate more stuff from SJGames.

One of the issues I ran into when I first purchased FG and got it running, was how to set it up so that it got past McAfee's anti-virus protection. Then McAfee changed their product and rendered it impossible for me to let players game with me as the host, unless I got the player's IP address, told my McAfee program that the IP is a trusted IP address, and allow it through the firewall.

So, just a mini-group of GURPS users to talk about issues might be a good idea.

By the by, I should have said "Open up the character sheet as the first thing in Step 2. Sorry about that...
    Last edited by HalC; December 3rd, 2018 at 05:17. Reason: Forgot to add something

HalC great tutorial!
    Finally I think I asked badly, the fact is that even importing the characters from the GCA to FG the problem persists, the equipment purchased comes unclassified and to "make it easier for my life I like to have them on the item and classificalos tab, - if a sword for example has 2 attack modes one for thrust and another for swing, but when I rate the item as melee weapon I only have one field ie if I drag this item to a character I will only have one attack mode and no the 2 arms of the weapon.
    Yes I know it will say that I can create this second mode manually in the FG, going on the combat tab but I am going beyond and I am thinking about the practicality of the drag and drop, I am even thinking in the answer that Ronkke gave my previous question so I could have this kind of equipment as we see in the books.
    Another question I have is about Reach in the character sheet on the main tab, what's the use?

Thread Information