DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

AD&D Ruleset

Version History
    AD&D Ruleset Version 1.0.0 - Release 1/8/2017.
    Version 1.1.0 - Released 1/11/2017
    Version 1.2.0 - Released 1/12/2017
    Version 1.2.1 - Released 1/12/2017
    Version 1.2.2 - Released 1/18/2017
    Version 1.2.3 - Released 1/25/2017
    Version 1.2.4 - Released 1/30/2017
    Version 1.3.0 - Released 2/8/2017
    Version 1.3.1 - Released 2/16/2017
    Version 1.3.2 - Released 2/17/2017
    Version 1.3.3 - Released 2/27/2017
    Version 1.3.4 - Released 4/12/2017
    Version 1.3.5 - Released 4/21/2017
    Version 1.3.6 - Released 4/27/2017
    Version 1.3.7 - Released 5/10/2017 - Current Version

Changelog
    Version 1.0.0
    initial release

Version 1.1.0
    New Feature: Multi-Classing for Thief Skills and Cleric Turning now auto-populates the appropriate numbers when using Class and Level fields for 2nd and 3rd class.
    Bug Fix: Tooltips for Cleric Turning were not displaying the proper information for definition of Turn Numbers. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Not all sidebar buttons were displaying properly; namely ones in the library that normally don't display in gm mode. [Fixed] Thanks Damned.

Version 1.2.0
    New Feature: Initiative now has the option of using d6, d10, d20 or d100. New is the d6 option.
    New Feature: Encumbrance System now adds a bonus of between 2 to 6 EV onto Encumbrance Rating if your primary strength score is 18 and secondary strength score between 0 and 100.
    Bug Fix: Encumbrance Rating was not calculating. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Weapon Proficiency list was incorrectly sharing data with Language list. [Fixed]

Version 1.2.1
    New Feature: NPC Sheet now has 3 values for AC. C&C AC, AAC, and DAC. AAC and DAC are tied together i.e. changing one, changes the other. C&C AC is the field that the C&C Creatures and Treasures Manual populates. If AAC and DAC are left blank, C&C AC is used. Filling in AAC and DAC results in DAC value being used.
    Bug Fix: Moved some items on the combat tab of the character sheet for cosmetic reasons.

Version 1.2.2
    Fixes to make compatible with FG 3.2.2.

Version 1.2.3
    Bug Fix: d100 in die selector menu was displaying incorrect graphic due to conflict in naming of graphic icons. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: npc's that were class based characters were incorrectly still adding the BTH value to their attacks. This was a carryover from the base C&C ruleset. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: automatic initiative rolling in the combat tracker was not using the d6 value to roll initiative even though option chosen in options manager. [Fixed]

Version 1.2.4
    Bug Fix: Surprise Check was not including modifier properly for determining outcome. [Fixed]
    New Feature: Saving Throws number for "Wand, Staff or Rod" and for "Spell" now check race and automatically adjust the saving throw number for those races this applies to: Dwarf, Gnome and Halfling.
    New Feature: Scrollable Text Box added for Racial Bonuses on the Abilities Tab.

Version 1.3.0
    New Feature: Full Support for Multi-Classing. Up to 3 classes of varying levels fully supported for both fully automated combat reporting and saving throw auto-population.
    Cosmetic Fixes: Adjusted positioning of "Token" and "Library" sidebar buttons on lower dock. Cleaned up dragon desktop decal a bit more.

Version 1.3.1
    New Feature: Added Exceptional Strength to NPC Sheet
    New Feature: NPC Ability Scores now roll Ability Checks and report Success or Failure
    New Feature: Characters and NPC's with Exceptional Strength above 18 (50) now get a bonus of having their Ability Score Checks compare for success vs. 19 vice 18.
    New Feature: Spell Sheet now has a field for Area of Effect
    New Feature: Added 2 new fields to NPC Sheet to allow separate values from C&C for AD&D exp and AD&D Treasure.

Version 1.3.2
    Bug Fix: Area of Effect not being transferred when dragging and dropping a spell onto the character sheet. [Fixed]

Version 1.3.3
    12 Wisdom should be +5% not +1% for SpF [Fixed]
    7 Charisma > -5% not -1% for Reaction [Fixed]
    8 Charisma > -5% not -1% for Loyalty [Fixed]
    13 Charisma > +5% not +1% for Reaction [Fixed]
    14 Charisma > +5% not +1% for Loyalty [Fixed]
    Initiative field inside Combat tab not rolling [Fixed]
    [New Feature] Added 1 new field to NPC Sheet to allow separate value from C&C for AD&D Movement Rates.

Version 1.3.4
    [New Feature] Damage Field added to Spells on Spells Tab and Spells Minisheet.
    This feature now allows:
    a) double click rolling of spell damage to the chat window, from which it can be dragged and dropped onto token or combat tracker
    b) drag dice directly from Spell on Spells Tab or Spells Minisheet and drop onto token or combat tracker

Version 1.3.5
    Spell Damage Fields on Spell Minisheet not aligning properly due to floating anchor. [Fixed]
    Refinements to the npc sheet functionality (hiding of blank fields on locking record etc).
    [New Feature] Saving Throws on npc sheet for NPC Monster and NPC Character. Auto-calculation and population of these saving throw fields. Linkage to Combat Tracker for these saving throw fields. Saving Throws rollable from npc sheet and from combat tracker. Success/Failure reported.
    [New Feature] Multi-Class functionality added to NPC Characters for both Saving Throw calculation and Combat. Two extra class and level fields added which hide away when record locked if not used.
    [New Feature] Race also used for calculation of saving throws for NPC characters.
    [New Feature] Saving Throws calculated for NPC Monsters based on Hit Die String n (dn+n). Hit Die determines base save. Bonus hit points improve save in increments of 4 hps per DMG. Save As field also modifies saving throw. Options for Save As field are: leaving it blank (which means the monster will default to saving as a fighter), "cleric", "thief", "magic-user" and "house". If you put "house" in the Save As field, the values of the saving throws will clear and the auto-population script will be skipped. Other values tell the script to use saving throws other than for fighter.
    [New Feature] Saving Throws calculated for NPC Characters based on Race, Three different Class fields, Three different level fields and Save As field. As above with NPC Monster saving throws, putting "house" in the Save As field will zero out the saving throws and over ride the auto-population functionality. No other option is needed in the Save As field for NPC Characters; just leave it blank otherwise and everything will calculate for you.
    [New Feature] Character Attributes on NPC Character Sheet now actually calculate bonuses for Strength, Exceptional Strength, Dexterity and Constitution. Strength and Exceptional Strength add to Melee attack and damage rolls automatically. Dexterity adds to ranged attacks automatically. Constitution is used automatically in some saving throw calculations.
    [New Feature] Ability to designate ranged attacks in the NPC attack string. Put an R in front of the attack string. example. Longbow +1 (1d6+1) would be parsed as a melee attack, but R Longbow +1 (1d6+1) will be parsed as a ranged attack and utilize the Dexterity Bonus for ranged attack vice the Strength and Exceptional Strength melee attack and damage bonus.

Version 1.3.6
    Bug Fix: Script Error when making melee or ranged attacks with NPC Monsters. [Fixed]
    Bug Fix: Script Error when making damage rolls with NPC Monsters. [Fixed]

Had forgotten to give default values for strength and dexterity so that the value would not be nil for NPC Monsters, which don't have attributes.

Version 1.3.7
    {New Feature] Damage Type Field added to Weapons and Spells

I wanted to take a moment to share my vision.

When I saw the last couple of years breakdowns for games played on Fantasy Grounds each month, I noticed the category of "older D&D" rulesets. To most, 1500 to 2000 games per year is very small compared to the numbers for 5e.

To me, I saw that number, and I said to myself, self, for older games which haven't ever had a commercial ruleset, community ruleset that was ever fully featured or kept up-to-date (in some cases, barely functional) and never had any type of commercial support by way of released adventure modules (even though there are huge stacks of pen-and-paper support by 3rd party companies that could be converted), that is one heck of a lot of people that still to this day have so much passion for a 38 year old game. So much passion that they would use old barely functional rulesets, cobble something together in corerpg or other means, and that's not even to mention the community still out there playing over Google+, around the table etc. I wondered. What if there was a really good ruleset. What if it were not only functional, but had some of the modern bells and whistles. What if it were followed on by some really good commercial adventure modules. What if?

That is how we arrived at this point. I followed a hunch and a dream. I poured heart and soul into the game that means so much to me and has given me so much. Only you can determine the fate of this grand old game. Shall it last another 38 years? Please enjoy it as "The Master of the Game" intended. All over Greyhawk, I hear goblins sharpening their blades and insane mages giggling over their dungeon traps.

Keep a look out in the coming weeks and months for professionally made adventure modules supporting this ruleset.

Please leave bug reports, feature requests and comments. Also, please do consider making a voluntary donation for my hard work and to support future projects.

Thank you.

Vodokar
    Last edited by vodokar; May 10th, 2017 at 07:00.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

You are welcome. Game on!

One thing I forgot to mention in my excitement. This ruleset was built upon the Castles and Crusades ruleset. This creates a dependency. Thus, you will have to purchase and install that ruleset, if you don't already own it, in order for AD&D to work.

The benefit of this is that you have access to the C&C bestiary, spell lists, equipment lists etc in the AD&D ruleset, as well as, any adventure material that has been released for C&C in the past and in the future.

You may get that ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1

Still one heck of a deal. Two rulesets plus manuals for total cost of $10.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Wow!! This is genius...since none of the official books are avail this fills a huge gap, and lets me start playing almost immediately.

just downloaded it and had a quick play and first I have to say how much i appreciate the hard work you have put into this

first query i assume you haven't worked out a way of doing percentile strength?

I created some characters and added some orcs to the combat tracker and went to add a map and i couldn't navigate back to my images folder. I started a new campaign and couldn't reproduce the error

Also on this screen the spells tab was only showing spells from the crusaders companion and none from the maim C&C rule book

Blog Entries
    vodokar do not be distressed when bug reports start coming in... there will be many for a new ruleset

Im seeing all spells etc but many of my monsters are not displaying their tokens... possibly all of them are not. Those that dont have tokens are displaying the letter but those with tokens are not showing them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    just downloaded it and had a quick play and first I have to say how much i appreciate the hard work you have put into this

first query i assume you haven't worked out a way of doing percentile strength?

I created some characters and added some orcs to the combat tracker and went to add a map and i couldn't navigate back to my images folder. I started a new campaign and couldn't reproduce the error

Also on this screen the spells tab was only showing spells from the crusaders companion and none from the maim C&C rule book

Characters do have percentile strength. It is the box next to the main strength score; it is fully functional. I have not added it to the npc sheet. That should be doable. Will add it to the feature request list.

I have to admit that I actually only tested loading of the C&C Monsters and Treasure and Player's Handbook, as those are the only ones I currently own (the ones that come with the C&C ruleset purchase). There should not be any reason that any and all C&C manuals, adventures etc. that you own can not be used in this ruleset, however. Please let me know if there are any issues with this. I might have to purchase some of those other books and such and test them to make sure I've covered all the technical bases.

Regarding navigating to your image folder. I just tried it. I am able to do so.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    vodokar do not be distressed when bug reports start coming in... there will be many for a new ruleset

Im seeing all spells etc but many of my monsters are not displaying their tokens... possibly all of them are not. Those that dont have tokens are displaying the letter but those with tokens are not showing them.
    I will look into the token issue. I noticed that also that there were not tokens displaying in the bestiary. I am not a regular C&C player (yet), so I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. I will have to spend some time in the actual C&C ruleset investigating to see if there is something that isn't coming over to the AD&D ruleset that should be.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

I know that multiclassing is something you are looking into for future releases, and maybe not the highest priority, but is there a way to adjust the class fields so that if thief or cleric is added to either the 2nd or 3rd field space that the proper numbers will populate in abilities/turning as necessary. Those ability fields can't be manually populated, and I know that alot of my players will be looking for some sort of multiclass characters.

We play alot of CnC so this is simply done with skill check rolls and not against tables in that ruleset.

BTW...layering on top of the CnC ruleset is working great for me. Allowed me to start building an adventure immediately! Looking to start playing as soon as I have some structure, so thanks again for building this!

Blog Entries
    Nice work Vodokar, I shall give this a whirl with my oldies group
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information