DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Recharge

To automate a recharge of an ability the name of the action must be:
    Breath Weapon (Recharge x)
    This will trigger a d6 throw at the beginning of the NPCs turn and if the d6 is equal or higher than x the action is recharged.
    (thanks lasmela for pointing this one out)
    How would you go about adding this effect to a power/item on a PC?

one of my characters recently discovered and finished the Tome of Exalted Deeds, and several of the powers from the item are 1 use/day, except if they recharge on a 6 when they are used.

You can't have an automatic recharge on a PC - only an NPC. You can use the 'preparation' mode in the action tab to set the limits of the power but you'll need to roll a dice and manually do the recharge effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Right now I am having troubles to get the autoparse for innate spellcasting working

i.e. that is what I can successfully use to parse "normal" Spellcasting.
    Code:
    <spellcasting>
    	<name type="string">Spellcasting</name>
    	<desc type="string">Spellcasting. The Ravager Slaughter Lord is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +5 to hit with spell attacks). The Ravager Slaughter Lord has the following spells prepared: \rCantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy\r1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
    	</desc>
    </spellcasting>
    The first post says

If the NPC has innate spellcasting abilities then replace the heading with 'Innate Spellcasting' and replace the 1st level, 2nd level etc with 3/day, 1/day or whatever the NPC rate of casting is.
    So what would I have to change in my spellcasting example to get it to work with innate spellcasting?

I tried the following ones but to no avail:

Code:
    <spellcasting>
    	<name type="string">Innate Spellcasting</name>
    	<desc type="string">Innate Spellcasting. The Ravager Slaughter Lord is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +5 to hit with spell attacks). The Ravager Slaughter Lord has the following spells prepared: \rAt will: light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy\r3/day: bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
    	</desc>
    </spellcasting>
    Code:
    <spellcasting>
    	<name type="string">Spellcasting</name>
    	<desc type="string">Innate Spellcasting. The Ravager Slaughter Lord is a 9th-level innate spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +5 to hit with spell attacks). The Ravager Slaughter Lord has the following spells prepared: \rAt will: light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy\r3/day: bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
    	</desc>
    </spellcasting>
    Code:
    <spellcasting>
    	<name type="string">Innate Spellcasting</name>
    	<desc type="string">Spellcasting. The Ravager Slaughter Lord is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +5 to hit with spell attacks). The Ravager Slaughter Lord has the following spells prepared: \rAt will: light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy\r3/day: bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
    	</desc>
    </spellcasting>

I would start with an example from the SRD (such as Drow), and then update to fit your creature.

Given that, I found that the Innate Spellcasting trait is not auto-parsed like the Spellcasting trait. I'll see what I can do to fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I don't know about doing it in the xml, but have you tried putting it in through the GUI and then seeing what if it works and what xml is generated?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Given that, I found that the Innate Spellcasting trait is not auto-parsed like the Spellcasting trait. I'll see what I can do to fix.
    Seems my job as Software Tester also pays off in my hobby...2nd Bug I found in a short time ;-)

I don't know about doing it in the xml, but have you tried putting it in through the GUI and then seeing what if it works and what xml is generated?
    yes and it did not work either, I guess due to what Moon Wizard said.
    Last edited by tantauralus; September 21st, 2017 at 19:57.

Blog Entries
    This is fantastic Zacchaeus! Thumbs up!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Possibly this is what you want

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    So, I've been trying to figure this one out. I applied "bludgeoning, slashing and piercing from non magical attacks that aren’t silver" to the damage immunities section but what I see is.

It seems to just make silver part of the immunities?

Also, where on the weapon does "silver" need to be included, properties? Does the format matter for that also?

Thanks for the work on this write up! It's been a tremendous help.
    Try bludgeoning, slashing, piercing, !magic, !silver

Thanks Zacchaeus for expanding on the effects. Do you know which traits do have an impact on the automation. I did check some and nearly all i checked didn't work.

traits that are hard to automate because the condition for it to trigger is not within fantasy grounds:
    • Magic Resistance (trigger for magic attack is not on the save while dropping the save on the NPC)
    • Brave (trigger for frightened is not on the save while dropping the save on the NPC)
    • Sunlight Sensitivity (trigger for sunlight is not in fantasygrounds)
    • Stone Camouflage (trigger for the rocky terrain is not in fantasygrounds)
    • Keen Hearing & Keen Senses (the triggers for the hearing and the other senses are not on the saving throws)
    • Siege Monster (Objects and structures are not recognized)
    • Reflective Carapace (Does not recognize the condition)

Thread Information