FG Spreadshirt Swag

Melee damage bug?

When I roll for damage with a melee weapon, the damage die are capped at the character's Strength Trait die.
    For example, a weapon with damage listed as Str+d8, rolls 2d6 for damage when the character has a d6 Strength.
    I adjusted the Strength up and down, along with the weapon damage dice. Every time, the damage die displayed in the character sheet and the damage die rolled are capped by the Strength Trait.
    Is this a known error? I could not find it listed with my feeble attempt to search.

-LongShot

Blog Entries
    Its that way in the rule book that way as well.

pg. 54 of the Explorer's Edition - Minimum strength
    Last edited by Mortar; January 3rd, 2017 at 02:25. Reason: citing page number
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    That's how Savage Worlds works. If you want to house rule it you can turn it off in the options.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    That's how Savage Worlds works. If you want to house rule it you can turn it off in the options.
    If you turn the option off you will will need to do lots of manual setup. If you need to avoid using the rule in few cases you can add ? character after Str string in damage field to ignore the rule in that one case

For instance,
    Str?+d8
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Doh! I had forgotten about minimum strength! I was watching Savage Worlds played in Fantasy Grounds on YouTube and the GM must have disabled that rule. I looked up melee damage in my Deluxe Explorer's Ed., but didn't see the minimum strength rule on pg 54......and had forgotten all about that.

Thanks for the replies. And have a Savage New Year with Fantasy Grounds!

-LongShot

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate the knowledgeable community here.

Thread Information