DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hawkwind, I'd be very interested in joining at some point. I tried my first two AL sessions this past week, and they were great fun. Top marks to LindseyFan as our DM. I'll keep my eyes open for your games. Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh, thanks Logan, you are always too sweet!

On the debate of where to advertise. There are pros and cons, but you will get your players one way or the other. I chose the FG forums to advertise my recent AL games because I wanted to scoop up a bunch of new members who were eager to try FG and were looking for something campaign like (it's AL) but still wouldn't be locked to a group if they didn't like it. The pros I could have achieved with AL tools website would have been more exposure for the premium VTT solution.

So I guess either way it's a good thing, you really can't go wrong as far as getting players. I ended up with a total of more than 20 new players across a week of gaming + many regulars. And I have a niche format (text) that's not as attractive as some of you all's fancy-pants setups!

As long as you give a week notice, you should have a full roster by game time. And you might even get lucky and get those really nice players. I'm looking at you Logan-05!

Hey, I'm happy to show up, dragging my 3rd level bard behind me! I'll keep my eyes open for your campaign postings, Hawkwind!

I wasn't sure about the text only thing, but I ended up really enjoying it. I'm thinking of trying it myself! I played in 3 of LindseyFan's games and we were lucky to have a core of players (I'm looking at you Logan-05) running through all of them which added to the RP fun. I've only ever played Adventure League in 3rd edition a long time ago and that seemed more like a strategy board game than an RPG. The text only option seems to cut down on metagaming and (possibly unwanted) advice giving for newer players.

I'd definitely recommend LindseyFan's games for anyone wanting to get into Adventure League. I've even DMed a couple of sessions myself now.

I'd be up for joining any game really, with Logan or without!

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    The pros I could have achieved with AL tools website would have been more exposure for the premium VTT solution.
    Just as a word of caution (if you didn't know this already) is that the AL tools website game signup process seems to be that games get massively oversubscribed by players, but the majority of those players don't turn up for the game. So even if a player signed up as number 20, they'd still get a good chance of playing in that game. That isn't the process in the FG forum community at all - we had some issues at the last FG con with new players signing up for events thinking it would be the same as the AL tools online community process and just not turning up without letting the GM know. Not acceptable in our little communities eyes (happens occasionally), but seems to be the norm on AL tools online. I don't know if this has changed, but just to let you know in case you weren't aware.

Sounds like you all had a great time in your recent little bout of AL madness - nice one!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Edit
    Last edited by Logan-05; February 17th, 2017 at 10:16. Reason: Clarity

Hey, I'm in. If the timing of Hawkwind's gaming session works for you, come join. We'll need that elven wizard voodoo you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazakerley View Post
    I wasn't sure about the text only thing, but I ended up really enjoying it. I'm thinking of trying it myself! I played in 3 of LindseyFan's games and we were lucky to have a core of players (I'm looking at you Logan-05) running through all of them which added to the RP fun. I've only ever played Adventure League in 3rd edition a long time ago and that seemed more like a strategy board game than an RPG. The text only option seems to cut down on metagaming and (possibly unwanted) advice giving for newer players.

I'd definitely recommend LindseyFan's games for anyone wanting to get into Adventure League. I've even DMed a couple of sessions myself now.

I'd be up for joining any game really, with Logan or without!

And "T" takes the DM plunge tonight! Logan , Lindseyfan, and several others got me all fired up. I have at least 2 new FG players, and can't wait to run this game. I had a prelim character buils and practice session with some new folks yesterday that went great, so I'm sure tonights game will. Now , not to hijack this thread, I created games in the FG calendar and on the Al site, and both overfilled without me advertising! So if you start a thread, you should definitely get responses. Just make sure you communicate with players, (easier in this forum than the AL site IMO)and let the alternates know where they stand as thing shape up.
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

Hey Man, you'll be awesome. Enjoy yourself tonight! We'll need a full report later over a virtual beer on how you think things went.

Thread Information