FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 81 of 83 First ... 31717980818283 Last
    Hello I need some help. I am new and I am not able to get my starfinder book uploaded. To use on. My fantasy ground app on my computer. I did everything I could to get it to work can someone please help me.

Blog Entries
    Welcome GreatRedDragonhunter

Please go here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp
    and check what purchases you have. Is your Starfinder showing up here?

If you bought a physical Starfinder book you dont get any FG inclusions with it.
    If you bought a Starfinder PDF from Paizo you can get the cost of that PDF credited against the Starfinder ruleset here on Fantasy Grounds.
    The instructions are in this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO7101FG

If the issue is something else please let us know.

Is there any schedule when we PFS Scenario be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_dk2 View Post
    What i really would like are the rest of the ultimate books and other books that add classes and options for them to be added directly into the character generation in FG
    I literally just sent an email trying to figure out what's up with the lack of "rulebooks", such as the other Ultimate XXXX and various splat books. What good are all the APs if players can't use the characters they have created for import, because FG doesn't recognize the options that were used?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSeneschal View Post
    I literally just sent an email trying to figure out what's up with the lack of "rulebooks", such as the other Ultimate XXXX and various splat books. What good are all the APs if players can't use the characters they have created for import, because FG doesn't recognize the options that were used?
    Out of the 60-ish DLC Developers, only a handful have been approved to adapt Paizo products. Those few get to choose which projects they work on, and when they work on them. We do this in our spare time, after all, and the typical Paizo hardback can easily take a month or few to complete, then it has to go through SmiteWorks QA then Paizo certification. It's a process.

Also it's all free form on the character sheets type in what you want from the books that aren't in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Also it's all free form on the character sheets type in what you want from the books that aren't in yet.
    This assumes people can spare the time to do the manual entry themselves. Or that they have the understanding (which at least one of my players does not) to figure it out, rather than just be a plug-n-play participant. I fall into the group of people who don't have that kind of time, and was looking to VTT & pre-made resources as a way to be able to do more for my players (one of whom already skypes in for our sessions) going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Out of the 60-ish DLC Developers, only a handful have been approved to adapt Paizo products. Those few get to choose which projects they work on, and when they work on them. We do this in our spare time, after all, and the typical Paizo hardback can easily take a month or few to complete, then it has to go through SmiteWorks QA then Paizo certification. It's a process.
    Where would I find the qualifications needed for someone to be considered as acceptable to do the official resources? I have a friend who might be qualified enough, and would be willing to do a little legwork in between to make sure its a match before suggesting that he go knocking on the company's door.

Blog Entries
    Where would I find the qualifications needed for someone to be considered as acceptable to do the official resources? I have a friend who might be qualified enough, and would be willing to do a little legwork in between to make sure its a match before suggesting that he go knocking on the company's door.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

In short, convert something, submit it to SmiteWorks for review and consideration. If you do a good enough job then they will accept it and such.

There are some guidelines (like the link in my signature) and on the wiki for Adventurer's League, and a video by Rob2e, that you can use as a self-check. But I've never seen one from SmiteWorks as their own quality checklist.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

In short, convert something, submit it to SmiteWorks for review and consideration.
    This, with the caveat that this advice does not apply for Paizo or WotC projects. For those, SmiteWorks approaches those few DLC Developers who have proven they can output professional-quality adaptations (and in the case of WotC projects, that you can complete that project on a deadline for same-day release as well). We're often assigned specific projects or offered a choice of a few. Once those have been completed, accepted, passed SmiteWorks QA and Paizo certification, those DLC Developers may be able to request projects like we can for non-Paizo/WotC projects but it's totally in SmiteWorks' ballpark to accept or reject those requests.

Bottom line is, by all means, sign up to be One of Us™ but start small. Do an adaptation of a third-party product (one from a publisher who has already licensed!) or from a different system altogether (Savage Worlds, for example, is extremely popular and there are a lot of projects just waiting for devs) and prove yourself and get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    This, with the caveat that this advice does not apply for Paizo or WotC projects. For those, SmiteWorks approaches those few DLC Developers who have proven they can output professional-quality adaptations (and in the case of WotC projects, that you can complete that project on a deadline for same-day release as well). We're often assigned specific projects or offered a choice of a few. Once those have been completed, accepted, passed SmiteWorks QA and Paizo certification, those DLC Developers may be able to request projects like we can for non-Paizo/WotC projects but it's totally in SmiteWorks' ballpark to accept or reject those requests.

Bottom line is, by all means, sign up to be One of Us™ but start small. Do an adaptation of a third-party product (one from a publisher who has already licensed!) or from a different system altogether (Savage Worlds, for example, is extremely popular and there are a lot of projects just waiting for devs) and prove yourself and get noticed.
    I was actually going to compare the technical/educational requirements with those of an old shipmate, and see if he would be willing to take on some of the bigger/harder books from Paizo. It isn't something he has done specifically, but if his other computing skills & experiences lined up; I was hopeful for finding a faster solution than praying one of the regulars would volunteer or be assigned any of those books. I figured that if it was a good match then maybe he could help get the official material available for FG caught up without there being any loss of work on the newer releases Pathfinder/Starfinder material.

Thread Information