STAR TREK 2d20
Page 70 of 83 First ... 2060686970717280 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Regarding Starfinder, I am not 100% certain but I am probably 98% certain that we will have Starfinder support from the launch date.
    Doug, have any decisions been made at this point regarding Starfinder support and timing relative to launch date?

Just as a headsup, the synchronisation for Kingmaker 4 with the paizo account does not work. I cannot access my PDF, even though the synchronisation on this site says it was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Doug, have any decisions been made at this point regarding Starfinder support and timing relative to launch date?
    Yea, curious about this as well. Starfinder has gotten my interest for sure.

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks has the license for StarFinder as I believe has been stated a few times. A FG ruleset will not arrive for the StarFinder launch next month, as it does not yet have a ruleset developer nor (far as I'm aware) has Paizo shared their content yet anyway, which would be necessary for a simultaneous release.
    Last edited by Talyn; July 7th, 2017 at 14:21.

Im clear on the license status, but was hoping for something more definitive and official on timing. My understanding was that starfinder support was (amongst a whole host of other factors, some of which you refer to) at least partially contingent on the success of the pathfinder release....however that is defined by the SW folks. Again, it may be a decision hasnt been made, or cant be made yet, but was hoping for some word from the SW team.

Blog Entries
    Without a ruleset developer, it's on the back burner like several other games SW acquired a license for recently-ish. SW has a policy of not announcing things until there is a solid path to that feature or products' arrival which is why they haven't said anything official other than announcing the license arrangement exists.

Rulesets take a long time to code, with minimal return on that time investment. StarFinder will require all-new code to handle the starships, assigning each PC to a station on the ship, plus space combat which is totally separate from the normal PC Ground Combat that FGs Combat Tracker handles. No other ruleset has code like that for a developer to "borrow" and StarFinder-ize. Once the datapaths for the ruleset are established, someone can get to work on converting the rulebook which that alone could take a month or two to produce, assuming that person has a job and a real life. All in all, I'd not hold your breath for any StarFinder content in 2017 unless something drastic happens very quickly on the developer front. That's just my two cents with the (limited) information I have so far from the community developer conversations and newsletters.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we don't have work started on Starfinder at this time, so we can't comment on the possible released date at this time.

The Paizo product link feature is currently not working as well. We have an email support ticket opened with Paizo for this.

Thank you talyn and doug for the update.

Just would like to throw out there that the PDF download sync with Paizo is still broken. Only saying this in case Paizo had responded saying it was fixed.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Yes, we can confirm that it is still broken. Once I receive confirmation from Paizo that they think it is fixed on their end, I will retest and then make a post up here. I apologize for the delay.

Thread Information