FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 83 First 123451353 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Bidmaron,

I was just responding to Nickademus that there is not an inherent issue with the way the PFRPG ruleset is structured currently, not commenting on the levels of features relative to 5E. While we will be looking at adding some basic capabilities to support simple drag and drop of specific records (feats, races, classes), we are not currently looking at adding all the character building capabilities of 5E. Building out a character building system in Pathfinder which spans 10+ years of content (not even counting third party material) is a huge project we don't currently have the resources for. Also, Pathfinder has some great support from PCGen and Hero Lab for generating and getting PCs into Fantasy Grounds already.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for clarifying, MW. As I said, I wasn't upset, and I also acknowledged I might not have understood. I have (essentially) no complaints on FG. I love this company and program, and your personal contributions are nothing short of monumental.

I take it for granted that, with this license, as time goes forward, ya'll will add more and more capability to the PF ruleset. I think the character dragging is a little overboard. Hero Lab does a fairly thorough job of that, and FG has so much better things to spend their time on that other tools just simply cannot effectively do.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

This is great news! I am about 60% done with my own conversion of the Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardcover, so I will probably finish that on my own, but I've wanted something like this for so long, I KNOW I'll be picking up some of the other products.

This is fantastic news. I mostly run Pathfinder APs and the time requirements to get the material into FG means it's difficult for me to do any sort of customization. Maybe I'm just slow. 8)

I'm hopeful that the purchasable content includes usable effects for spells, special abilities, feats, etc. The task of fully entering a high level spell casting dragon with multiple feats and abilities is a daunting one. The time saving on that one aspect alone would be well worth the cost of the purchase.

This is fantastic news. The Paizo APs are some of the higher quality canned adventures out there. Even though I don't run Pathfinder for my group anymore, I'd still snatch up the APs to use during our 5E games so I don't have to worry about creating all the tokens, maps, etc. I'm still a loyal Paizo subscriber for APs and some other stuff that I often adapt for 5E. This just makes it so much easier for me!

Well done, Doug and the SmiteWorks team!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    This is fantastic news. The Paizo APs are some of the higher quality canned adventures out there. Even though I don't run Pathfinder for my group anymore, I'd still snatch up the APs to use during our 5E games so I don't have to worry about creating all the tokens, maps, etc. I'm still a loyal Paizo subscriber for APs and some other stuff that I often adapt for 5E. This just makes it so much easier for me!

Well done, Doug and the SmiteWorks team!
    Just be cautious. The content will most likely be locked down to the PFRPG ruleset and wouldn't be something you could port over to 5E.

I am sure I will purchase it, but I have to say I am getting a little frustrated that their isn't some kind of discount system. I have paid for Rise of the Runelords:
    1. Original 3.5 rules from Paizo (PDF included by subscription)
    2. Pathfinder conversion
    3. Hero Lab data sets
    4. Audio CDs of RotRL
    5. (soon I hope) RealmWorks
    6. (soon I hope) Fantasy Grounds

Just grousing. If there were to be a discount, it should be Paizo doing it in recognition that a user owns the material they purchased through Paizo.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Just be cautious. The content will most likely be locked down to the PFRPG ruleset and wouldn't be something you could port over to 5E.
    Although there are some things you can do to allow modules to be opened in another ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post296302 Handy for story, maps, tokens, etc., but ruleset specific data probably won't be accessible/usable.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great news.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Congrats Smiteworks! While I have only played one game of PF I am excited to see Fantasy Grounds grow... and that theme! Love the theme!
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Discord Server - https://discord.gg/7RMAXfgSqd
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Stream - https://twitch.tv/fshschmo
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Podcast is available on
    Amazon Music/Audible, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Podbean, & Spotify.

Blog Entries
    This won't be something I personally make direct use out of, but it's nice to see Fantasy Grounds leading the way again, and I'm happy for the people who will have their gaming enhanced by this agreement.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information