DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 58 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by dstuffle View Post
    Also those values appear to need to be in the right hand column (I'm at work can't bring up FG app), not the left hand column, for the calculations to be done.

The formula that worked for me was "1d4+db" for a knife.
    You should also add |Imp to the end for impaling weapons so it would be "1d4+db|Imp"

I'm trying to create a character, but it's not adding Firearms as an Occupational skill. When I put the names in (as seen blow), nothing happens, and it won't let me put any points in the box. Any idea how to fix that? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!Attachment 18225

Hi Newf,

The issue here is the order you're doing things. You should configure the occupation before allocating points.
    In the occupation dialog, select the skills you want and where necessary fill in the sub skill.
    When you've selected all of the occupation skills, lock it and close it, then you can allocate points. Only skills explicitly listed in the occupation dialog will be allowed to use occupation skill points (the check box on the left identifies them).

If you cannot modify the skills in the occupation dialog, you can re-drag it from the library module and then they should be editable.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Newf,

The issue here is the order you're doing things. You should configure the occupation before allocating points.
    In the occupation dialog, select the skills you want and where necessary fill in the sub skill.
    When you've selected all of the occupation skills, lock it and close it, then you can allocate points. Only skills explicitly listed in the occupation dialog will be allowed to use occupation skill points (the check box on the left identifies them).

If you cannot modify the skills in the occupation dialog, you can re-drag it from the library module and then they should be editable.
    Thanks. I figured out my problem. I wasn't putting the specific weapon type on the line on the Occupation sheet, but rather on the skill sheet. My bad.

Dodge Value Not Auto-Updating

Is the following supposed to work this way or is it a bug?

I create an investigator, let's say he has DEX 60. Dodge becomes 30.
    Then I use 15 personal point to rise Dodge to 45. Main tab correctly displays Dodge = 45.
    But when I close the campagin and open it again, main tab display wrong dodge value Dodge = 30 (Half DEX, no personal development points counted).
    If I click on Skills tab and then again Main Tab, then Dodge dispalys correctly again: 45.
    This is an easy, while not practical, fix: just click on Skills each time you begin a new session, for each Character, before beginning the game.

ANOTHER ISSUE regarding Dodge:
    If you modify DEX for some reason, let's say you bring DEX up to 70, Dodge becomes 35. Again, it doesn't add the development points.
    BUT THIS TIME, clicking on the Skills tab (and again to the Main Tab) to fix the value, is not enough (the value on the main Tab stay the same). I have to:

1. Go to the Skills tab.
    2. Click the Edit List button.
    3. Increase/decrease the Personal Points used to increase Dodge, and the bring them back to the original value.
    4. Only then the ruleset sums the two values and the total Dodge value displays correctly.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug?
    Thank You.

Hi alessandro,

I was surprised to see the issue but you are correct. There is a bug where the Dodge value on the front sheet does not consider occupation or personal interest point spends. I have fixed it in my development version and it will be pushed out with the next release.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, everyone benefits from us finding and fixing the issues.

Ian

Is there going to be an API for this ruleset that can be used for making extensions?

Add a spot for Pulp Talents (on both PC and NPC sheets), double the PC hit points, add more skill points, add more atribute points (and raise max cap), add luck to the NPC sheets, and you can get by with Pulp Cthulhu adventures.
    Last edited by dstuffle; March 19th, 2017 at 01:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dstuffle View Post
    Is there going to be an API for this ruleset that can be used for making extensions?

Add a spot for Pulp Talents (on both PC and NPC sheets), double the PC hit points, add more skill points, add more atribute points (and raise max cap), add luck to the NPC sheets, and you can get by with Pulp Cthulhu adventures.
    Hi dstuffle for commercial reasons SW decided to protect this ruleset in its entirety (usually the ruleset remains unprotected).
    ianmward has Pulp Cthulhu support next in his list of things to do (after I think Nameless Horrors?).
    Im not positive but I think that the support will be added to the ruleset so you can use it with your dead tree version and not have to buy the FG version if you dont want to.

Blog Entries
    Book here: https://www.fg-con.com/events/guest-...u-at-chaosium/
    Please if you can come along and attend this session to show your support for Call of Cthulhu on Fantasy Grounds!

I am pleased to welcome Mike Mason, Line Editor for Call of Cthulhu at Chaosium Inc. to discuss Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, as well as Pulp Cthulhu which he co-authored and released recently. He will discuss the plans for the game and many other things.

We will make some time for Q&A at the end.

Call of Cthulhu is very much a favourite RPG system for many people but sometimes you want to up the ante and have your investigators go toe to toe and rock and roll with the villainous machinations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Set in the 1930s with a weird science twist your investigators are tommy-gun toting, enhanced, souped up and ready to take the fight to the eldritch horrors!

Oh, I'll be more than happy to buy the extension. I was just trying to figure out if I could do a quick and dirty extension to see about running the Disintegrator adventure as part of the FG Con 10.

No biggy.

Thread Information