DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

[FGDAZE] The Derelict - Call of Cthulhu 7e

You are aboard the Luxury Yacht Delilah off on one last hurrah before the yacht is handed over to its new owner. The feeling onboard is mixed – the trip of a lifetime, an excuse to party and enjoy good friends, or the last trip before parting with a favourite toy. You are travelling from Boston in the States to Liverpool in the UK where the new owner resides.

This Call of Cthulhu One Shot will run for 2-4 investigators and is expected to run for 4 hours. You will need an updated copy of Fantasy Grounds, Teamspeak should be installed and configured with your Headset and Mic and your wits and humour are essential.

No experience with Call of Cthulhu or Fantasy Grounds is required.

Book here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2296

Blog Entries
    I've never played Cthulhu before, do you have any recommended reading or reference to something like an intro or basic rules?

I need to branch out and play more (not just DM)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I've never played Cthulhu before, do you have any recommended reading or reference to something like an intro or basic rules?

Get your hands on any H P Lovecraft novel.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I think the hard part for any D&D player trying Call of Cthulhu is to actually play your character like the normal, un-special, ignorant and oblivious human that they are. They see warning signs and see them as warnings of the mundane not of the horrors beyond.
    Quick Start rules are here if you like: https://www.chaosium.com/content/Fre...rt%20Rules.pdf

call of Cthulhu is a great RPG. Just dont be a hero in the way that D&D has trained you. Wish i was here for that weekend.

Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to play Call of Cthulhu, this looks great. Looking forward to starting off the day with a nice warm cup of cosmic horror!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post

The original short story is public domain. Definitely worth reading before the game. There was also a cool silent movie (made in 2005) that you can watch if you like that kind of thing. I found it on YouTube, I will probably watch it myself the night before the game.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

Blog Entries
    Thanks all

I'll read the rules but not the story. I don't want to know anything! Err, I mean I don't want to know the story before I experience it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Damned I had to bow out. You would think I would be able to play 4am-8am my time without a conflict, but I checked our schedule just to be safe and my daughter has to be at a futsol game at 7:40am.

I get the feeling an unknowable force is conspiring against me ever getting to play in a Call of Cthulhu game...
    Last edited by Answulf; December 19th, 2016 at 05:53.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansbach View Post
    Sorry Damned I had to bow out. You would think I would be able to play 4am-8am my time without a conflict, but I checked our schedule just to be safe and my daughter has to be at a futsol game at 7:40am.

I get the feeling an unknowable force is conspiring against me ever getting to play in a Call of Cthulhu game...
    There will be a few Call of Cthulhu sessions at the next FG Con (April 2017) so sooner or later your sanity shall be tested....

I'd love to take part but I have that scenario and plan to run it myself in the future.

Be interested to hear how it went.

Cheesy

Thread Information