DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    @ Klandare,

Glad you took the plunge with CC3+... I use almost all of their products, truly great products.

Have a look at YouTube for videos, and once your ready to start mapping, consider getting 1 or 2 of the Annuals... Reason being: they have PDF's that walk you threw creating a full map in that style of Annual you get... so it teaches you HOW to start making GREAT looking maps from the get go.....

You will need to start off just by reading the manual for CC3+ so you can understand how to use the product, then go to the Annual PDF of the style you want to try out, and by the time your done with that map, you will have a map that is of nice quality.

Just thought I'd toss that out there for you.

lee

@seycyrus - What facts did you need to hear?

Map Forge has a simple User Interface.

If you want new map tiles, you buy them.

No monthly subscription fee.

They work with a lot of the best RPG cartographers in the industry.

If there are any other facts you would like to know, let me know and I would love to provide you with all of the info you need.

For those who are looking at getting CC3/CC3+ currently Annuals 5 & Up have a CC3+ version. ProFantasy is releasing a CC3+ version of them in reverse releases order(from newesst to oldest) and 3 & 4 are currently being worked on for a CC3+ version to be out in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by Jay_NOLA; April 25th, 2017 at 17:52.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    For those who are looking at getting CC3/CC3+ currently Annuals 5 & Up have a CC3+ version. ProFantasy is reading a CC3+ version of them in reverse releases order(from newesst to oldest) and 3 & 4 are currently being worked on for a CC3+ version to be out in the next few weeks.
    Good news, thanks

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by cyderak View Post

If there are any other facts you would like to know, let me know and I would love to provide you with all of the info you need.
    Something besides, "This is the bestest program evah! Cause I say so!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyderak View Post

your previous post made some big claims (emphasis mine):

Its the simplest to use and makes the biggest and highest def maps. They are going to offer map tile set add-ons. Thats how they are going to make their money.

Other map making softwares are on the horizon but they use a subscription business model where you have to pay a monthly fee to use the software.
    I backed the software but I also bought and backed other software that I think challenges all of your claims.

For those interested in Campaign Cartographer, the Tome of Ultimate Mapping has been updated to cover CC3+: https://secure.profantasy.com/products/tome.asp If you've bought it before, look for an email from ProFantasy with details of a reduced cost/free upgrade. If you haven't bought it before, this is great resource to help take further steps in creating great maps with CC3+ and it's add ons - over 700 pages of useful material, plus lots of example files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For those who use Campaign Cartographer or who are looking at getting it. All of the Annuals have been updated for use in CC3+. The last one that need to be updated just got released a few hours ago with a CC3+ version. The CC3+ updates are free so no need to re-buy any Annuals if you already own any of them already

The other CC3 stuff hasn't been updated for CC3+ is being worked on.

I just purchased Virtual Battlemap and all the DLC (except Space Dungeons) and plan to start working with it this weekend. My intent is to be able to create the maps in 3D, use a topdown version for FG and have an image of the 3D area available to share with the players. I also got into the MapForge kickstarter and just waiting for the final release as it looks like the best Dundjinni replacement (which I also have).
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I just purchased Virtual Battlemap and all the DLC ...
    If you don't mind answering, how much did that cost? I'm not seeing a nice list on steam. (Edit: nevermind, I see it). Do you have any comments regarding some of the harsh criticisms posted in the reviews?

Did you ever play NWN? If so, how does the NWN editor mode functionality compare to virtual battlemap?
    Last edited by seycyrus; August 18th, 2017 at 15:36.

Thread Information