5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    If you don't mind answering, how much did that cost? I'm not seeing a nice list on steam. Do you have any comments regarding some of the harsh criticisms posted in the reviews?

Did you ever play NWN? If so, how does the NWN editor mode functionality compare to virtual battlemap?
    I caught it on sale for about $23 and the DLC's were anywhere from $9.99 - $14.99. I've never done NWN so I can't relay any info on that. I'll play with it this weekend as I'm prepping stuff for 'The Marionette' and there are several buildings in that one.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    your previous post made some big claims (emphasis mine):

I backed the software but I also bought and backed other software that I think challenges all of your claims.
    Indeed. I backed MapForge as well but suspect it will be more of a "quick map" or battle map use than what I use CC3+ for. It seems to be a dunjinni type tool which is great but has it's own limits. That said I'm a big fan of dunjinni because it's easy to kick out a map in a short time that looks really good... and it's easy to learn. CC3+ can do the same but tends to take more time and a lot more experience.

The alpha of MapForge is still pretty non-functional on windows so I can't say for sure, this is just my speculation.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    For those who use Campaign Cartographer or who are looking at getting it. All of the Annuals have been updated for use in CC3+. The last one that need to be updated just got released a few hours ago with a CC3+ version. The CC3+ updates are free so no need to re-buy any Annuals if you already own any of them already

The other CC3 stuff hasn't been updated for CC3+ is being worked on.
    Are all the symbol sets updated?

Glad the CAs are. Main reason I wasn't using CC3+

Al the symbol sets can be used in CC3+. Dioramas Pro is getting a CC3+ version next. They have a page on the ProFantasy site that gives the order things are being updated for CC3+.

The symbol sets have been updated to CC3+ for a while now, from before the annuals.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Indeed. I backed MapForge as well but suspect it will be more of a "quick map" or battle map use than what I use CC3+ for. It seems to be a dunjinni type tool which is great but has it's own limits.
    Hi Celestian. Have you seen the new videos I recently put together with the MapForge Beta?
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

this looks worth a look, not tried it yet but its cheap https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...lan_Generator/

Had a play with it, definitely at the quick and simple end of the market as on first impressions it makes Dungeon painter studio complicated but it does make some nice quick and easy maps and the manual had some unexpected options for importing your own tiles and icons and for lighting effects andshadows
    Last edited by hawkwind; January 23rd, 2018 at 22:48.

Thread Information