DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 37 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just received approval. It is in the store now as a free add-on and on Steam. From our store, you need to either donate $1 to the Save the Children's Fund or add another non-free item in order for PayPal to allow checkout.
    Did this change? There doesn't seem to be a free UA product, only a product costing $1 by itself.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Did this change? There doesn't seem to be a free UA product, only a product costing $1 by itself.
    There was too much confusion with PayPal not allowing a zero cost order, so it was changed to be $1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can the quoted post be changed to reflect this? I link to it in the original post of this thread.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Can the quoted post be changed to reflect this? I link to it in the original post of this thread.
    Maybe just link to the store page now?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries

Mystic Class Module Rebirth?

This post is predominantly intended to get a ruling from Smiteworks of the legality of intent before I proceed.

I voluntarily pulled my Mystic Class Module from distribution because we decided it violated Wizards of the Coast current copyright. I hate to see my work on the module's accompanying extension go down the tubes with it.

The Mystic Class data is completely free (at the moment) as a .pdf file on DMs Guild. In that form it is a royal pia to bring into FG, little snippets of text, copied and pasted, ad nauseam.

Here is what I am proposing.
    1) The user would have to download the .pdf from DMs Guild.
    2) The user would select roughly 18 pages of text, copy it and then drop it on to a designated control of my extension.
    3) My extension would then parse the whole 18 pages of text into all of the components, (disciplines, talents, focuses).

I would ensure that I did not put any whole word matching strings in my parse routines.
    I'd use snippets like 'dis'*, *'utt.", "Tal"*, *"use" etc. etc.

The parsed data would reside in the campaign's db.xml file. Which is not really a redistributable module.
    I could also post, at your discretion, in my Mystic Class Implementor thread that redistributing the db.xml is not permissible as it would violate copyright. The xml file would be for personal use only.

The question: Is Smiteworks comfortable with this?
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 23rd, 2018 at 23:17. Reason: Fixed typo
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Email them. However, you can cut and paste and parse at will for personal use and they don’t stop other tools to do so, so I cannot imagine why this would be a problem.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Yes, please email [email protected].

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Who wrote the mystic class and put the PDF up? You can email the author and provide them with your mod for them to include with their listing. They would get the same amount of money or more since it would also appeal to Fantasy Grounds users.

If it's an official Wotc release, then we can probably help forward the .mod file to our contacts at Wotc and ask if they would like to include it.

Blog Entries
    This is a WoTC release. They took an older UA article that did not make the cut for the last book and released it on DMs Guild for further play testing.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/213...iate_id=229540

Honestly, they should want the FG .mod included as it means even more will play test.

I also think a parser should be fine.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Honestly, they should want the FG .mod included as it means even more will play test.

I also think a parser should be fine.
    Thanks Myrdin for being in my corner...

[EDIT:] as Myrdin and Moon Wizard suggest I have emailed "support".

Thread Information