FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 32 of 37 First ... 223031323334 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I do that, but when I click the "fighter" link from the UA module, it opens up "fighter" from the PHB if I have the PHB open. If I unload the PHB mod, then I can click the "fighter" link in the UA and get the UA fighter, with the Brute subclass at the bottom.
    Ah, yes you have spotted a small bug which I was hoping no one noticed until it got fixed

You are correct in that there is a bit of a behind the scenes thing going on which is messing with linked lists. I don't see it with the PHB and UA open but if I open SCAG then the UA link opens the SCAG Fighter rather than the UA one. It is on the list of things for fixing but Starfinder has taken the developer of our internal tool away for a bit. It will get attention in due course so patience will be its own reward meantime.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No big deal, it shows up where it counts (on the character sheet.)

Welp this sucks something aweful... Now I regret not getting the latest edition while I could.

Mine is still from November last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Welp this sucks something aweful... Now I regret not getting the latest edition while I could.

Mine is still from November last year.
    I believe you can still download the latest uploaded build?

"Ususally" when something is removed from OBS system it's simply marked so new users can't see it. But people that purchased it can still download it. You might want to check and see if you can still see it in your purchase history.

Also was there ever a response to why the original module was taken down?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Someone could reach out to Jason Bolte, he's the DMsG community liaison and seems to generally be pretty helpful. https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is the last conclusive thing posted by Nickademus;

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Well, I think I'm splitting hairs at this point, but the thing is, the UA module was not taken down from the DMsG. It was made private and the option of making it public again was disabled. That's all... no notification of copyright infringement, no violation, no cease and desist, no notice at all that I had done something wrong. And no reply to my attempt to contact them for a reason.

It's not the fact that the module is no longer able to be distributed on the DMsG that gets me. It's the fact that Smiteworks had no knowledge of it and no one from either WotC or OneBookShelf has made any effort to contact me to say that it's not allowed. Technically all the material is still covered under the DMsG's guidelines so I could put the module up again under a new page and it would be legal since they have yet to state that it is an exception to the site's rules. I'm not going to because I don't care to rock the boat, but I'd think that at the very least I'd have gotten a notice of infraction on my DMsG account for posting improper content. The lack of communication and blatant ignoring of emails is what bothers me.

In the end, I don't really care that much as I did what I could and now legals are working against community spirit (something I've gotten used to). As long as I don't see the full list of UA articles being offered on Roll20... that would make me furious that WotC suddenly started playing favorites.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Someone could reach out to Jason Bolte, he's the DMsG community liaison and seems to generally be pretty helpful. https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    He seems to answer questions in the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1977612149124315/

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I believe you can still download the latest uploaded build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    "Ususally" when something is removed from OBS system it's simply marked so new users can't see it. But people that purchased it can still download it. You might want to check and see if you can still see it in your purchase history.

Ty, so it was.

Lol I was too disheartened by seeing the product page disappear lol.

Blog Entries
    It is reasonably sure that they finally got around to looking at releasing the UA articles in their online tools (D&D Beyond) and then the benign neglect that they had been doing ended.

Nick did an awesome job but since he started Smiteworks added tools to the main program to create classes and backgrounds. So it sucks, but at least it is not too hard to recreate and many are now official classes.

We have the same as D&D Beyond in that Smiteworks is doing the newer material.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    It is reasonably sure that they finally got around to looking at releasing the UA articles in their online tools (D&D Beyond) and then the benign neglect that they had been doing ended.
    I don't understand what you are saying here. Do you have a source?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information