DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 19 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I will bang at it to try and break it tomorrow. Some visitors in the weekend from China, but when I am not taking them around I will see if I can get it to break. In 5e, I have always just dragged the class over from the PHB, not 100% certain what happens if you mess with the class name even there.

Typically, when I was directing data entry fields, I would set them so they had to be an acceptable selection or nothing. I think that if you control for the first character, you should be safe. I will check my AD&D PHB when I wake up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; December 10th, 2016 at 08:12.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    if you really want to use goldenrod these might work - taken from lord entrails and leozeligs contributions.

Attachment 16850Attachment 16851
    Goldenrod1 is the one that reminds me the most of the original.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Blog Entries
    Testing for valid character classes

PHB is Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Magic User, Illusionist, Thief, Assassin, and Monk (and Bard from the back of the book)

No repeating first letters there.

Unearthed Arcana messes that up though by adding Barbarian which conflicts with Bard, Cavalier which conflicts with Cleric and Acrobat which conflicts with Assassin. You have to test the first 4 letters to differentiate Bard and Barbarian.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

duplicate post
    Last edited by vodokar; December 10th, 2016 at 18:24.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Not the way it works Myrdin.

It works like this:

if nCurrentClass == "Fighter" or nCurrentClass == "fighter" or nCurrentClass == "FIGHTER"
    or nCurrentClass == "Paladin" or nCurrentClass == "paladin" or nCurrentClass == "PALADIN"
    or nCurrentClass == "Ranger" or nCurrentClass == "ranger" or nCurrentClass == "RANGER" then

In other words, it doesn't matter if two different classes share similar letters, because it has to be an exact and complete match to the string value the code is looking for.

As for Unearthed Arcana, I don't have a copy of it, so haven't been able to account for those classes. That is something I intend to add at a later point when I can pick up a copy.

Regarding the textures, Damned shared, I'm trying out this one:

Attachment 16858

Been working on making the background of the icons transparent so that they blend properly with the frame background. Especially important if I provide options for the user to set various frame background colors.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    I am trying to suggest a way to deal with typing and spelling errors - force it to the accepted strings instead of hoping the user gets it right, because they will not.

ahh, I see. So, for instance, if they type "Fig", it should recognize as Fighter. Good idea. Yes, we want to make this as "incredibly intelligent human" proof as possible.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    What about having a good way to handle multi classed characters and the differences between xp in each class and level between classes that can and do occur. The C&C ruleset doesn't do this well to begin with and my bringing it forward didn't generate any movement.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Multiclassed is a difficult situation. I don't think it is impossible, but haven't developed a strategy for implementing it yet. Will likely add that as a feature down the road. I have some ideas. You know what that means. Even the mice are scared.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information