FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 97 of 329 First ... 47879596979899107147197 ... Last
    Sounds very good inded!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Just a comment on the XP fields, a bunch of the old TSR games from the 80's use XP, but don't have levels, therefore they wouldn't have a "Required" field. But they do have "Earned", "Spent", "Remaining"

Don't think to worry about it honestly. But if you did, then maybe make the name of the field configurable in GM options?
    If it's an editable label that uses a string variable as the default, it should work fine. For those that have the inclination, it can be changed in XML. Otherwise, just edit the label directly, as you can do with the Combat fields.

I've run into some problems working on the combat tracker for my Torg Eternity extension, and was hoping someone could help out.

I've set a new field up as a 'C6' column on the character sheet and the visibility and color selections in the Option menu. It's linking correctly to the combat tracker, and I was able to add both the header and column to the CT Host environment (haven't done the client side yet). I also removed the health bar display as it's really not useful for Torg Eternity and gives me a bit more space.

The problem is that I can't get the anchoring to work correctly. It seems the whole thing falls apart if I try to anchor an existing element (inherited from Core or MoreCore) to my new C6 elements. For example, if I anchor my C6 label to the initiative label, then change the anchor for C5 from the init label to my new one, I get the following error: "Ruleset Error: window: Control (label_five) anchoring to uncalculated control (label_six) in windowclass (combattracker_host)".

If I leave all the anchors as-is for the Core/MoreCore inherited elements and anchor my new elements to the Health column, I get no errors, but the layout is (of course) messed up (screenshot below).

I've attached a screenshot and copy of my ct_host.xml file for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Your attached xml looks.... different to what you described...

Its quite possible that the field_five is being read/written before field_six...
    Try adding
    <number_ct_crosslink name="fieldfive" merge="join">
    to your new file...
    If that moves the error - then do fieldfour etc too...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrahan View Post
    If it's an editable label that uses a string variable as the default, it should work fine. For those that have the inclination, it can be changed in XML. Otherwise, just edit the label directly, as you can do with the Combat fields.
    These are not currently editable fields.
    Char sheet editable fields also only edit for that user as opposed to doing it in the XML where it replaces it for all users.

One more feature request Damned. Can you lock the hero point section do only the GM can 'Add' hero points? Sometimes it seems my players never seem to run out of the darn things.. lol.

On a side note, Ill email You the campaign folder with the lists of languages tomorrow sometime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    One more feature request Damned. Can you lock the hero point section do only the GM can 'Add' hero points? Sometimes it seems my players never seem to run out of the darn things.. lol.

On a side note, Ill email You the campaign folder with the lists of languages tomorrow sometime.
    Players own their DB node - Im not sure if I can prevent them from modifying things...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Players own their DB node - Im not sure if I can prevent them from modifying things...
    How about this Shotgun? Not what you were after but might also make it a little harder for creative accounting...

hero-display.jpg

Ahhh, yes that works..

I know it can be done though as the Savage World Code allows the bennies to be locked by the GM.. but ill take this display easy enough!

Yeah actually like that. Let's me easily keep an eye on the number of action dice my players have. Not that i think they'll do that. Lol

Thread Information