DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 68 of 329 First ... 1858666768697078118168 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ill have a look chadhill - Trenloe made a bunch of changes in that script to fix the rollunder and something may have been inadvertently changed...
    Don't bloody blame me! It was your code needed fixing!!!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Don't bloody blame me! It was your code needed fixing!!!
    Im not blaming you my 75c beer man!
    I do appreciate all your magnificent code.
    Now get back to the bar.

Blog Entries
    Did some work on some The Dark Eye rolls today with ianmward

Basically for an Attribute Check you click the Attribute and then you click the Attribute Check.
    For a Skill Roll you click the 3 Attributes and then you click the associated (or *generic) Skill.

Feedback required...

Hi Damned,

Speaking about rolls, I have been checking the exploding dice strings rolls from the MoreCore ruleset and it seems it doesn't take into consideration any modifier from the Modifier box. I have been checking the .lua files from Ikael in the Desktop folder, but I don't really know how to "fix" it or add that feature. Any tip or idea?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hi Pepor I didnt write those - they were converted from code by Ikael and I have to admit - I struggle with modifying those ones too.
    Additionally what and when do you want the modifiers to do?
    In some systems modifiers add dice and in others they add to the target number and to others the roll...

Hi damned,

What I want is to add for instance a +1, +2, -1, -5 to the roll, from the modifiex box or from a stat. If you write for instace the string roll: /edies 1d10x10+5, it will add the +5 to the roll and then compare it with the DC (10 in this case), but it compares only the roll without the Modifier. But, if you write /edies 1d10x10 and you have any modififier in the Modifier Box (+1, +5, ...), it won't be taken into consideration and it won't be added.

Thanks again for your quick response.
    Last edited by Pepor; February 19th, 2018 at 11:07.

So I have added spells, and ancestries (races), and paths (similar to classes) in my SotDL MoreCore to the Rolls as suggested. Fine for me as GM because I can put these in categories. For the player side it's just a wall of unsorted (well sorted by name but not by type of object) for players. So I decided to make Story entries and drop links onto them that I can share with the players. However, if I drop links onto the story and share that sheet the links cannot be used unless the the individual rolls are likewise shared. Is there a way to do this with a search/replace in the db.xml as I don't want to manually open and share 1000+ sheets?

I was going to try to make a reference manual using Celestian's Project: Author but I am clearly doing something wrong with that as I can't get the story entry I want.

Blog Entries
    Hi mozmonar if you have made a bunch of rolls and other content that you want the players to access - export it as a module.
    Then in a new campaign (otherwise you will see doubleups of everything) load that module and share it with the players.
    That *should* work.

I exported Story with links to Rolls to a module. Upon opening the module the links appear to be there but they are all empty. The links work on the story entry that is not in the module.

EDIT: Well I couldn't get it to work with Story but I was able to get the rolls to export and keep the categories.
    Last edited by mozmonar; February 20th, 2018 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I exported Story with links to Rolls to a module. Upon opening the module the links appear to be there but they are all empty. The links work on the story entry that is not in the module.

EDIT: Well I couldn't get it to work with Story but I was able to get the rolls to export and keep the categories.
    When you exported the Story entries to the module did you also export the rolls as well?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information