FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 52 of 329 First ... 242505152535462102152 ... Last
    @joeblack1863 - you can turn off the roll total in the campaign options. See Chat: Show roll totals here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options

Changing the total to reflect successes is a good idea. I'll have to think about the implications of that, in case it causes other issues...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe,

I'll check that out, really enjoying using morecore by the way!

I have an odd request. The system I'm using uses a variant on roll and keep.

You might roll 5d10, and take the *optimal* die as your base, and add +1 for each die that meets or exceeds your base to find a Total. This means that if you rolled (4, 8,8,9 10) your optimal result would be 11, rather than 10, with standard roll and keep. You'd choose 8 as your base, and add +1 for the other 8, the 9, and the 10.

So far I'm just using /orderresult to make things easier for players, but it would be amazing to have FG autocalculate a Total. Is that too much work? No worries if it is, this post is a long shot.

If you need a name for the mechanic it would be "Tribute Focus Trust". Tribute's my generic RPG toolkit that lets you build game mechanics from parts.

Proud Graduate of Parallel University.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    v1.40 released - download available in post #1.

• Bugfix for rollunder.
    • Added rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled, respectively. Added (Target = #) to result report.
    • rollunder: modifier box adjusts the success level target. Added (Target = #) to result report.
    • edies: modifier box adjusts the success level target.
    • GM can now edit the "Order" field in the Combat Tracker.

YEAH! Thanks Trenloe, this is much appreciated!!
    Character background is what happens between levels one and six.

-- Gary Gygax

Greetings! First of all give you thanks for the rulsets! It's amazing

I use MoreCore + MCPendragon theme to run a Ars Magica campaign, and I have some issues.

The ruleset shows me several bugs related to the effects.
    When I drop an effect on a character that is inside the combat tracker, it shows me this error:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect.lua"]:43: attempt to index global 'targeting_add_button' (a nil value)
    After, if I click on the effects of the combat tracker (the silhouette of a man), shows this other error:

Code:
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (ct_effect)

I have reviewed the rolls that come in the ruleset, but there is nothing that will help me for the Ars magica stress roll

"For a stress roll, roll a ten-sided die. One and zero have special meanings, but the other numbers count for their value, as normal. On a roll of one, roll again and double the number rolled. If the re-roll is also a one, roll again and quadruple. On second and subsequent rolls, a zero counts as ten. If a player rolled ten consecutive ones, the number rolled on the eleventh throw would be multiplied by 1024. Stress die totals in the hundreds are likely to happen a handful of times in a long-running saga. On the first roll, zero counts as zero, and you must normally roll for a botch. Roll a number of ten-sided dice determined by the situation, called the “botch dice,” and if any of them show a zero, you have botched. If you roll no zeroes on the botch dice, the die roll is simply a zero."

Could you enter that roll in the ruleset?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hello Tel Arin,

I am always pleased to see MoreCore being used and especially for additional game systems.

I am sorry but I have not implemented Effects in any way in MoreCore so they have no mechanical value but they may still be used to apply labels like Poisoned, Entangled etc but there is no support for modifying rolls via effects. Effects would require additional coding and checking on every roll so it is unlikely to ever get implemented in MoreCore.

For your second query - no promises, Im no good at exploding dice... but Ill give it a go...

Are stress rolls always 1d10?
    If I roll a 2-9 what should it output? Eg: 4 Stress Point Loss, Tel Arin loses 6 Stress Points, other...
    If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and if any of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what? Tel Arin botched the attempt, other...
    If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and none of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what?
    If I roll a 1, roll another 1d10 (store 2), if I roll another 1 (store 2x2) and roll another 1d10, if I roll another 1 (store 2x2x2) and roll another 1d10. On the first non 1 multiply the result by the stored value (2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc). Report what? What happens if I roll a 1 followed by a 0? Does that result in 0? How do I report that? Edit - just re-read the 0 would count as 10

Blog Entries
    Ahhh - I see the effects error. I have fixed that but it wont be available until the next version of MoreCore maybe 1 month...

Since I'm also quite interested in seeing the Ars Magica mechanics implemented in MoreCore:

Are stress rolls always 1d10?
    Yes, stress rolls are always d10.

If I roll a 2-9 what should it output? Eg: 4 Stress Point Loss, Tel Arin loses 6 Stress Points, other...
    2-9 are read as standard results. They are added to a Skill/Attribute for a dice total, so ideally the output should be just the roll or the roll + Skill/Attribute (if it's possible).

If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and if any of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what? Tel Arin botched the attempt, other...
    Ideally, the output should be something similar to "XXX botched the roll", stating the number of 0s. So, if two 0s were rolled, it should be: "Tel Arin botched the roll (2 0s)", or similar.

If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and none of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what?
    In this case (there are not 0s in the botch roll), the first 0 in the original roll is considered just a 0, and does not add anything to the roll (so, it's just the same as 2-9, above).

Hope that this helps!
    Last edited by Teotimus; October 19th, 2017 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Teotimus View Post
    Since I'm also quite interested in seeing the Ars Magica mechanics implemented in MoreCore:

Yes, stress rolls are always d10.

2-9 are read as standard results. They are added to a Skill/Attribute for a dice total, so ideally the output should be just the roll or the roll + Skill/Attribute (if it's possible).

Ideally, the output should be something similar to "XXX botched the roll", stating the number of 0s. So, if two 0s were rolled, it should be: "Tel Arin botched the roll (2 0s)", or similar.

In this case (there are not 0s in the botch roll), the first 0 in the original roll is considered just a 0, and does not add anything to the roll (so, it's just the same as 2-9, above).

Hope that this helps!
    Thank you for clarifying it.

Blog Entries
    Hola Martin153

I realised tonight that while I was away there were many posts on MoreCore that i never saw...

Did you get what you need for Traveller?
    Without speaking out of turn... you might be in for a pleasant surprise in a month or three...

Thread Information