DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 46 of 329 First ... 3644454647485696146 ... Last
    Right. I actually meant that I could probably fix it, because I have quite a bit of experience working in the MoreCore code, but, out of respect for Damned, I would not be doing so. There is an unspoken protocol of respect here between the community developers that we don't work on each others projects unless asked. So, that is the situation. It will most assuredly get fixed in the future, but for now, we will have to be patient.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Right. I actually meant that I could probably fix it, because I have quite a bit of experience working in the MoreCore code, but, out of respect for Damned, I would not be doing so. There is an unspoken protocol of respect here between the community developers that we don't work on each others projects unless asked. So, that is the situation. It will most assuredly get fixed in the future, but for now, we will have to be patient.
    No problem, I was just wondering if I should continue putting that string in my skills or switch it now before I get too far. Thank you for the info, and for the respect, ethical codes are few and far between!

This is why i love this community, everyone is willing to not only help each other out, but also has respect and ethics
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Has anyone done the base character sheets for Dungeon World using MoreCore? It looks like DW has an open license so it might be something we could post so DMs/Players could just import into a game.

One of Damned's favorite games is Dungeon World. He has used MoreCore to run it several times. In fact, you might say that he laid out the existing MoreCore character sheet to easily accommodate the playstyle of Dungeon World and other PBTA games. If you need any guidance, I would recommend searching for his screenshots from last FGCon to give you a good idea on how to lay things out on the character sheet. Rolls are already available to support Dungeon World.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Vodokar, thx for the reply. I totally passed over the FGCON screenshots. Now that I looked at them I have the basic moves and abilities setup.

I'm guessing for ongoing bonuses or debilities we should be using effects? Does anyone have a screenshot of their effects setup for Dungeon World?

I am setting up some NPC's. I just want to make sure I am doing this right for Dungeon World. I'm not sure about SIZE and REACH. Below is an example for Ankheg. I have the full info on the notes tab.
    Attachment 19572

I'd love to setup a bunch of the NPC's in a table to get some random encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by kuthulu View Post
    I am setting up some NPC's. I just want to make sure I am doing this right for Dungeon World. I'm not sure about SIZE and REACH.
    Both refer to a number of squares on the map.

Size is used to auto size the token when added to the map from the CT (if auto size is enabled in the campaign options).
    Reach is used to show the reach of the creature when you hover over the token on the map.

There's no further automation beyond that, and won't do anything at all if there is no grid on the map.

For example:

Last edited by Trenloe; June 27th, 2017 at 16:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I see what you mean Trenloe. So for a large creature with reach I set Size = 2 and Reach =2 and I get the results I expected. Thanks!

Question on NPS setup for Dungeon World

I am in the process of setting up a small module for a Dungeon World one-shot. I have all the STORY elements setup with a map along with a couple of random tables. I've setup some of the NPC's mentioned in the adventure but I'm not sure where the best place is to put the ATTACK/DMG ROLLS. If I put the ATTACK roll under the ROLLS section I can use /pbta dice roller to get the success message back. If I add it to the ATTACK section of the NPC form I don't. Is there any way to get the /pbta functionality when using the NPC ATTACKS field? I just want to be consistent with the NPC's I am loading since I am probably going to load a bunch of them.

In the image below I have the ATK and DMG rolls loaded in both the ATTACK field and the ROLL fields for testing. I'm just trying to determine a best practice.

Attachment 19611

edit: Also, is there a way to do a best of 2d6 roll for DW? b(2d6)? Example:
    Apocalypse Dragon
    Solitary, Huge, Magical, Divine
    Bite (b[2d12]+9 damage, 4 piercing); 26 HP; 5 Armor
    Last edited by kuthulu; June 30th, 2017 at 19:06.

Thread Information