DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 329 First ... 1927282930313979129 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    in Ubiquity powered games get get to roll a pool of dice which can any size as long as the number of sides is even and you count the number of even rolls as your successes. I could do a number d2-1 rolls i suppose
    Does this work for you hawkwind?

/ubiquity #d#

Attachment 18260

perfect, the urge to run some Space 1889 ubiquity style is now strong

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    perfect, the urge to run some Space 1889 ubiquity style is now strong
    I just grabbed it on Bundle of Holding today.

New L5R 4th Edition die rolls for MoreCore

Greetings.

I have finally been able to write the*code*for*two new L5R4E rolls. I attach two files:

common\scripts\morecore_rolls.lua
    desktop\scripts\morecore_ikael_dicemechanics.lua

You can find two new dice slash*commands:

/rnkdk #k# [Description]
    This roll is used to determine the damage of a katana, when the user has a Kenjutsu skill of 7 or more.
    The dice mechanic is simple: 9s and 10s explode (instead of the usual 10s explosion). It is a damage roll.

/rnke #k# [Description]
    This roll is very frequent in L5R 4th Edition, and it is used for rolling any skill with 'emphasis' (meaning specially experienced skills of*the character).
    The dice mechanic goes as follows: before exploding 10s as usual, player can re-roll the ONES obtained, but only ONCE.

I hope it is useful for XenophageX and any other L5R fans. Damne*d will include the changes in next 1.39 MoreCore version, although you can install these files beforehand to start using the new rolls.

Let me know if you find any flaw or suggest any change by PM.

Sibelius

Just "finished" a module in MoreCore ruleset for "Wild West" PnP game system. I don't think I would have gotten this done without your flexible character sheet and adding the dice rollers. Thanks for providing this rule set to us!
    I would like to modify the character sheet layout to make it feel more "Old West" (eg. get rid of spells area, etc.), but not sure what that would entail, and it could break my brain.

Making an extension to overhaul the character sheet isn't too difficult of a task. It's still programming, don't get me wrong. But, it can be done. It just depends on how much time you are willing to put into the project.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I don't mind tinkering around with stuff. Building the db.xml for my module was more tedious than technically challenging
    I'd be more than happy to poke around under the hood, but the dev guides haven't enlightened me as to what I need to do. Maybe I need to have another look at the guides.

The best way to learn is to start cracking open rulesets and inspecting the code and then asking questions. I would also, for the most part, call modifying a character sheet, more tedious than it is brain busting or technically challenging. Move this thing 1 pixel, /reload. Not where I want it. Move it 5 pixels, /reload. ad nausium.
    Last edited by vodokar; March 31st, 2017 at 00:27.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveonzakon View Post
    I don't mind tinkering around with stuff. Building the db.xml for my module was more tedious than technically challenging
    I'd be more than happy to poke around under the hood, but the dev guides haven't enlightened me as to what I need to do. Maybe I need to have another look at the guides.
    Hi steveonzakon I think you might find building a basic MoreCore theme easier than you think.
    If you download one of the existing MoreCore Themes (probably try the Symbaroum theme as it is the newest one) you should find it relatively easy to build.

Would you try emailing the copyright holder and sending them some screen shots and ask them if they would give you permission to share the FG module? You never know. Otherwise you can still likely export your Rolls and export those.

If you really get stuck with the theme I will build one (especially if you ask the publisher for sharing permission and/or share the rolls!).

Thread Information