STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 329 First ... 1018192021223070120 ... Last

I reality, it's a flat 1-36 (for d66) or 1-216 (for d666). But having the actual roll makes converting the tables a bit easier, as many of them use the d66 and d666 mechanic.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Yes, true - at least I think it might be worth the effort

Blog Entries
    Ok so I have a working d60 and d600 but I have also put in a chunk of other effort in on Traveller dice that is now unused so please explain the traveller game system/mechanic for me.
    You have attributes and skills? Is each Skill always tied to the same Attribute? What are valid numbers (and bonuses) for Attributes? For Skills? Is the target always 8? Are there situational modifiers? Do they affect the Target Number or adjust the dice roll?
    Are there Crits and Fumbles?
    Etc...

The general mechanic is 2d6 + skill level + attribute modifier +/- situational modifiers >= 8 for success (and amount of success or failure should be reported - if the total was 10, then an "effect" of 2 should be reported; or if the total was 5 an "effect" of -3 should be reported). Effect is not always used, but it shouldn't matter if it's always reported - it's used as a situational modifier if you have "chains" of skill checks. If you could make it so that dropping the result roll onto the modifier box adds the "effect" as modifier instead of the total that would be great, too.

Sometimes the skill level or attribute modifier is not used.

If the character has -no- ranks in the skill (this is different than a skill of "0" - a skill of "0" means that they have *some* familiarity with the skill and adds 0 to the die roll), a modifier of -3 is used.

Attribute modifiers normally range -3 to +3 for most cases, though things like powered armor can drive a strength modifier up (or other situations). While a skill has a "typical" attribute assigned to it, the GM can over-ride this on a case by case basis. For example, an Engineering check to build something from spare parts could use the Education attribute (if you're going "by the book" and building something you learned how to build) or the Intelligence attribute (if you're doing a "MacGyver" type build where you make something from totally unrelated stuff).

Combat is a skill check against the appropriate weapon skill for "to hit". Armor, range, aiming, cover, etc are all applied as situational modifiers. If the target is hit, damage is rolled as some number of d6 (depending on weapon) +/- modifiers and totaled. Damage is then taken from the three attributes Endurance, Strength, or Dexterity (first against End until End is reduced to 0, then subsequent damage from either of the other two, player's choice). When two attributes are reduced to 0, then the character is unconscious and all further damage is applied to the remaining attribute. If all three are reduced to 0, he is killed. The only kink in this is firing an automatic weapon in full auto mode (single shot and burst follow the same pattern, burst adds a modifier to damage if the the target is hit). When firing a full auto weapon in full auto mode, a number of dice equal to the "auto" rating of the weapon are rolled, and the player then groups the dice into pairs as he wishes, and each pair is resolved as a separate attack, and the skill for the weapon is capped at 1 (even if the character has a skill greater than 1, you only add 1 to the attack roll for the skill).

Sometimes, a natural 2 is always a failure and a natural 12 is always a success, though no automation should be applied to this, it only applies in a few situations.

Forgot to mention...

Attributes range from 0 to 15 for typical races, with attribute modifiers ranging from -3 to +3 (though as I did mention, some things can cause those numbers to exceed 15 and +3; those numbers are for an "unaugmented human").

Skills range from "untrained" (-3), then go from 0 up. There is no technical maximum, but I have never seen a character with greater than 6 in any skill. A skill level of 4 would be someone who is world famous in that skill - Medic 4, for example, would be a renowned physician or surgeon. If the skill is greater than 4, then they're not only famous among their peers, but famous outside of their normal group. Stephen Hawking would probably have a "Physical Sciences (Physics)" skill of 5 or 6, as he is known world wide for his knowledge of physics even among those people who have little knowledge of the subject themselves.
    Last edited by Andraax; January 22nd, 2017 at 07:29.

Looks fine. Everything else needed can be added via modifiers.

Looks really fantastic!

That is by far more than what I have expected as I asked for d66...so thanks a lot damned

Thread Information