DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    In order to change the number of Dice in the dice pool slot, click and drag the dice to the table
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Blog Entries
    what if we had something like a /cod (and maybe a /cod9) roll in format /cod #d10 and any modifiers added or subtracted dice rather than added an additional value?
    then you would setup your attributes and abilities and others as /mod # (at least one type wold need to be setup as /cod #d10)
    you then click all your appropriate skills and attributes and miscellaneous modifiers - they all get sent to the modifier box - the Storyteller then gives you her penalty dice - you type -3 in the modifier - and then you roll your skill/attribute/other with the /cod roll in it
    it would count em all up and throw the right number of dice.

If I understand correctly, you could have the /cod command on the shortcut bar, and it would just then roll a number of dice based on the number in the modifier box? That would be awesome! In that case I take it, it would be possible for players to use the modifiers window, to apply any modifiers needed to change the roll.

But could you also make a /cod8? I do think in some rare cases that you could reroll 8, 9, and 10s!

Thanks!

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    Currently it takes any number:

/cod 10
    /cod 8
    /cod 3

It will roll as many dice as there are modifiers
    If there is one or less modifiers it will roll one dice only

if the reroll is 7 do you count a success on 7, 8, 9 and 10 or still only on 10?
    if you reroll on 7 and the one dice went 8, 7, 10, 4 (total 29) is it 3 successes (8, 7, 10), one success (10) or two success (29 being 2 complete multiples of 10)?

can you explain the fails and single dice in more detail?

@Erin: Sorry. Didn't see your post. I haven't seen anyway to reduce the number of dice in the dicepool. If you suggest, that only the right amount of dice put in there, it sort of negates the idea of using commands to generate the amount of dice in the first place - or I am missing something.

@Damned: Of course.

Any roll with multiple dice rolled with no result of 8, 9 or 10, is a failure. Ie. all dice come up 1 - 7. If the dicepool is reduced to a single die, then only 10 is a success (and explodes) and 1 is a dramatic failure. All other results on a single die leads to a simple failure.

I hope that makes sense.

Vires Animi

True, to an extent but are there always dice modifiers? Forgive me but the last time I did anything in the d10 system was Scion
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Blog Entries
    I think I just need clarification on the above.
    What I have here is 4 sets of rolls:
    Single Dice with success/explode on 10.
    Single Dice with success/explode on 7+.
    Four Dice with success/explode on 10.
    Four Dice with success/explode on 7+.

You can see that a single dice reports a red dice while 2+ dice are standard black dice.
    On a single dice a result of 1 is Dramatic Failure and it ignores lower explode targets.
    A single exploding dice counts as a success.
    5+ exploding dice count as Exceptional Success.

Please confirm.

Additionally I will need something from you. I will need you to post (a minimum of) 2 exported PCs and 2 exported NPCs to the forums here once you are happy with how to set it up. You can of course also upload a basic campaign, a rolls export or anything else that would help someone else play it (no copyright material of course). Im happy to spend some time with you working thru how it could/should be done.

codrolls.jpg

Ignore weird double post...
    Last edited by viresanimi; August 3rd, 2018 at 04:22.

Correct. Single die rolls only explode on a roll of 10. 8 and 9 are ignored. The chance die works differently than normal dice. Ie. when you roll 2 or more dice. The Chance Die is supposed to signify great risk and little chance of success. It is the only way you can critically fail and the players knows it.

There is a mathematical reason for doing it this way, and I think it was a Danish roleplayer that explained the mathetical problems with rolling dice and critical failures in the original World of Darkness games. You see, the more dice you had, the better you're supposed to be right? However, the way it worked presented a problem. The more dice you had, actually increased the chance of making a critical failure dramatically. It was a paradox of mathematical making. If you had a starting character, the risk of critical failure was very low, but play that character for a year or two and that risk was much higher.

This was why they invented the Chance Die in what was then known as New World of Darkness. The old game was great on story and setting, but bad game system. The new had a much better game system, but arguably not so great a setting. Last point is debatable...

Anyhooo... I really, really appreciate what you're doing. World of Darkness has seen the bast gaming for myself and friends and with Fantasy Grounds I find myself needing a solid foundation for rolling dice again. And that is what CoD to me. A much better way of playing in that world, where I don't have to fear my players killing themselves with bad rolls.

Thank you.

Vires Animi

Edit: Didn't see the thing about PC's / NPC's. I would be delighted to. I've already done this before when I setup something for Marvel Heroic RPG in Core.

Thread Information