FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 70 of 329 First ... 2060686970717280120170 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hah. Good news. Bad news. The other good news is its always quicker entering things the second time. If you send me your export data we might be able to salvage some/all too.
    Appreciate the offer but I already entered it all back in again. Fortunately it was only the "drop links on story" part that I need to redo not enter all the rolls back in.

Someday I hope to figure out how to alter the character sheets and NPC sheets to make better use of the space for this particular game but all my tinkering ends in disaster.

Blog Entries
    have a look at some of the themes in my signature. There are some good ideas in there. Yes it takes a bit to get your head around at first but not so bad once you get used to it. And even better would be to share the theme when you are happy with it

have a look at some of the themes in my signature. There are some good ideas in there. Yes it takes a bit to get your head around at first but not so bad once you get used to it. And even better would be to share the theme when you are happy with it
    Yeah I have the SotDL extension loaded. But I'd like to change the char sheet a bit. Also can't work out why I can't resize it horizontally or why when resizing vertically it expands the lower three fields but not the other three just above. It's a case of me just not knowing what I don't know. Heh.

Blog Entries
    It is much easier to scale elements vertically and keep layout looking consistent than it is horizontally.
    I have thus locked horizontal scaling.
    The first row of Rolls is set to a specific height while the bottom row is anchored to the bottom of the sheet so the bottom row will resize along with the character sheet height.

It is much easier to scale elements vertically and keep layout looking consistent than it is horizontally.
    I have thus locked horizontal scaling.
    The first row of Rolls is set to a specific height while the bottom row is anchored to the bottom of the sheet so the bottom row will resize along with the character sheet height.
    Oh I'm not criticizing or complaining. It definitely is workable and I have been using it for several months. But having used it for several months I have figured out ways I'd like to optimize it. I just lack the knowledge and expertise to pull it off. I'll keep tinkering around and hopefully come up with something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Oh I'm not criticizing or complaining. It definitely is workable and I have been using it for several months. But having used it for several months I have figured out ways I'd like to optimize it. I just lack the knowledge and expertise to pull it off. I'll keep tinkering around and hopefully come up with something.
    I totally understand.
    Im both explaining the why but also gently pointing you to where to look to change things...

For example if you wanted the first row of rolls to be taller you could adjust its bottom anchors.
    If you wanted the page to go wider there is a lot more to change.
    You can add frames and remove frames - eg remove Attacks and make Spells bigger.
    If you have 12 primary attributes get rid of rolls frame 1a and make rolls frame 1 full height.

If you have a specific question post it here - you can upload your extension and/or screenshot and we can guide you

I am using MoreCore Ruleset and a slightly cosmetically altered (different frame4.jpg) MCSotDL Extension. I want to further customize the charsheet to making it less general and more specific to the elements of Shadow of the Demon Lord. What I can't work out is where and how to make these changes. I want to change the race/gender/age/etc. line by changing the labels and possibly adding some fields. I'd like to remove the spells section because it really doesn't match up very well with the way spells work in SotDL. I'd like to increase the size of the Attacks area so that it isn't necessary to scroll down to see all the attack/damage rolls.

When I have made changes to what I assumed to be the race/age/gender stuff it didn't change what I expected and instead just removed the labels but left it otherwise pretty much the same. There are quite a few other changes I would ultimately like to make but...baby steps and all...and maybe if I can work out how to do this I can figure out the other stuff on my own.

SotDL Sample Charsheet.png

Blog Entries
    Hola mozmonar

Attached is an extension that does some/all of those things.
    Ill explain the contents of the extension to make it easier for the next person.

extension.xml contains the extension name, a small chat announcement and it includes a load order statement so that it loads after the SotDL extension.
    record_char_more.xml contains the changes to the character sheet layout.
    firstly I identified all of the elements that needed removing - the spell frame, and five sets of spell slots, spell max and spell labels. I copied these from MoreCore into the extension and then changed the entry to tell it to delete the item - eg:
    Code:
    			<frame_spell_stats name="frame_spell_frame_1">
    				<anchored to="spellsframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="5,0" height="50" width="309" />
    			</frame_spell_stats>
    becomes
    Code:
    			<frame_spell_stats name="frame_spell_frame_1" merge="delete"/>
    And then I adjusted the height of the Attacks frame.
    template_test.xml contains the text resources that define the labels on the fields Name, Race, Gender, Age, Height, Weight and I added my own values in.

Now you could add these into a new extension like I have or you could merge them into the original extension.
    Additionally - in most of my games where I use MoreCore I dont typically use Attacks anymore - I do most things in Rolls - but Attacks works fine so long as the dice is simple #d#+#

MCTest.ext

The main reason I use the Attacks instead of rolls is that I can save space doing it. Each attack whether melee, ranged, or spell might have an attack, damage, additional damage for attack roll 20+ (kind of like a crit). Using Rolls, each single entry eats up another line, so that would make 2 to 3 entries per weapon or spell. For many of the attacks I can get multiple entries on a single line in attacks. Unless of course I am doing something wrong with the Rolls.

Thread Information