STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    With this latest update I'm getting the following error with Coriolis and Forbidden Lands dice rolls: "Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:43: attempt to call field 'onDiceTotal' (a nil value)". Those are the only two to have trouble out of the ones I've tested.
    hey garrion_sw can you post the roll string in full for me to test with?
    I definitely changed some scripts to use onDiceTotal but my testing showed them as working but we may be doing things differently?

Ive just tested the Coriolis roll with: /coriolis 8d6 and /mod 4 combined with /coriolis 8d6 and they both worked.
    What is the Forbidden Lands roll?

Good Day All
    I have just started playing around with MoreCore a bit, I am a big fan of Champions and was excited to see Damned had programmed die rolls for this system
    I think I am seeing a small issue with the /ckill roll though.
    When I type "/ckill 2d6" it rolls the appropriate dice including the Stun multiplier but it is counting the Body like normal, it should be the body is equal to the die roll not 1=0 2-5=1 6=2 then times the multiplier.

EDIT: And I am confused by the "/cskill c#s#" command, but it might just be from lack of experimenting with it

I know Blackfoot has been working on a Champions system for a long time and it sounds incredible, but I was thinking about diving in maybe on 1st edition Champions as 4th is deeply involved
    Last edited by Bonkon; September 18th, 2018 at 19:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    I have just started playing around with MoreCore a bit, I am a big fan of Champions and was excited to see Damned had programmed die rolls for this system
    I think I am seeing a small issue with the /ckill roll though.
    When I type "/ckill 2d6" it rolls the appropriate dice including the Stun multiplier but it is counting the Body like normal, it should be the body is equal to the die roll not 1=0 2-5=1 6=2 then times the multiplier.

EDIT: And I am confused by the "/cskill c#s#" command, but it might just be from lack of experimenting with it

I know Blackfoot has been working on a Champions system for a long time and it sounds incredible, but I was thinking about diving in maybe on 1st edition Champions as 4th is deeply involved
    I have zero experience on the Champions ruleset and I made these rolls based on info supplied.
    vodokar was building a MoreCore extension and had updated the rolls significantly however some real life stuff took him away before it was released...
    If you can supply - in significant detail - how these rolls should look/work - I will update them.

If I build a sheet or ruleset using MoreCore is it likely to continue to work when Unity is eventually released? I am mostly curious if I would be better sticking with Core or will it matter?

Smiteworks' intention is to make everything from current FG compatible with the Unity version. So yes. It is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I have zero experience on the Champions ruleset and I made these rolls based on info supplied.
    vodokar was building a MoreCore extension and had updated the rolls significantly however some real life stuff took him away before it was released...
    If you can supply - in significant detail - how these rolls should look/work - I will update them.
    Good Day Damned
    Here is how the rule book is written:
    "Damage for Killing Attacks (most weapons, or a Killing Blow) is determined differently from normal attacks. The total of the dice is the number of BODY applied to the target. To determine the STUN done, the character then rolls 1d6-1 (called a STUN Multiple), and multiplies the result by the amount of BODY done. The minimum STUN multiplier is 1. If the GM is using the Hit Location Table, use the STUN Multiplier listed on the table, instead of rolling 1 d6-1. Certain Killing Attacks will have a different STUN multiplier, to indicate a Killing Attack that does more or less STUN than usual."

Example: Armadillo slashes a policeman with his claws, doing a 2d6 Killing Attack. The dice rolled are 4 and 1, for a total of 5 BODY. Armadillo then rolls 1d6, rolling a 5. Since Armadillo has a standard Killing Attack, the multiplier is 1d6-1. He rolled a 5, so the STUN Multiplier is 5-1 = 4. The total STUN damage done is 5 x 4 = 20 STUN

Thanks, I appreciate all you do to help the community Damned
    Last edited by Bonkon; September 19th, 2018 at 02:02. Reason: Forgot to say Thanks before posting :)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    hey garrion_sw can you post the roll string in full for me to test with?
    I definitely changed some scripts to use onDiceTotal but my testing showed them as working but we may be doing things differently?
    I did not use the text string to make the rolls. I used the Coriolis and Forbidden Lands extensions. They are actually made for CoreRPG iirc but they worked fine in MoreCore also till the update. I was testing out their functions between the two rulesets to see which I preferred so I could delete the undesired campaign folder. The only issue I ran into was accessing the special dice in MoreCore because you could not select the custom die to the far bottom right in MoreCore (in CoreRPG they are all to the left ion the menu). It would just go back in the menu. I worked around this by loading each of the custom die into a character sheet under CoreRPG, export, then import into MoreCore. I could then drag the custom die types down to my quickbar for permanent access. After the update, that error would pop up on any roll attempt.

If you wish to break down the extensions (which may be more than you want to deal with), they are located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Lands-Mechanic and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extension)

I really need to learn how to break these things down and I'm trying to teach myself but the going is very slow. I only have minimal experience modifying code in MapTools. Eventually I would like to create custom sheet extensions under MoreCore for all the odd-ball games I want to run.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    If I build a sheet or ruleset using MoreCore is it likely to continue to work when Unity is eventually released? I am mostly curious if I would be better sticking with Core or will it matter?
    Hola esmdev

MoreCore should continue to work and I intend to continue to support it for the foreseeable future.

I wrote this response to a similar question some time ago -

--
    Im not aware of any direct comparison.

CoreRPG is the base for almost all the commercial rulesets (excluding M&M, RMC and possibly one other) and most of the community rulesets (those less than 3 or 4 years old).
    It is the recommended platform by SmiteWorks.
    It is maintained/developed by SmiteWorks.

DORCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG that adds the DOE extensions and a universal dice roller and a couple of other features. This layers on top of CoreRPG.
    It is the platform you should consider if you want the DOEs and you arent building a commercial ruleset.
    You need to be aware of the license limitations of this ruleset.
    It is maintained/developed by Dulux_Oz.

MoreCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG. It adds a bunch of features to CoreRPG that provide increased usability. It is generic. It is not designed to run any one system. You do need to learn how to use it but it can then be used to run plenty of different game systems.
    You should consider this platform if you want to do no or minimal coding.
    There are no license limitations on it other than the code belonging to the authors of the various bits.
    It is maintained by damned and ianmward mostly.

There are a few scenarios:

If you are wanting to actually code your own ruleset potentially for the store then you should layer it on CoreRPG.
    Only CoreRPG layered rulesets will be accepted for inclusion in the FG Store.

If you are have some programming skill or are willing to learn some and you want to build out a full community ruleset then you should layer it on CoreRPG.

If you are building a personal or community ruleset and you really want the DOEs and you can abide by the license agreement then consider layering it on DORCore.

If you want to do as little programming as possible then you should look at using MoreCore or creating a MoreCore extension.

---

I hope that somewhat answers your question.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day Damned
    Here is how the rule book is written:
    "Damage for Killing Attacks (most weapons, or a Killing Blow) is determined differently from normal attacks. The total of the dice is the number of BODY applied to the target. To determine the STUN done, the character then rolls 1d6-1 (called a STUN Multiple), and multiplies the result by the amount of BODY done. The minimum STUN multiplier is 1. If the GM is using the Hit Location Table, use the STUN Multiplier listed on the table, instead of rolling 1 d6-1. Certain Killing Attacks will have a different STUN multiplier, to indicate a Killing Attack that does more or less STUN than usual."

Example: Armadillo slashes a policeman with his claws, doing a 2d6 Killing Attack. The dice rolled are 4 and 1, for a total of 5 BODY. Armadillo then rolls 1d6, rolling a 5. Since Armadillo has a standard Killing Attack, the multiplier is 1d6-1. He rolled a 5, so the STUN Multiplier is 5-1 = 4. The total STUN damage done is 5 x 4 = 20 STUN

Thanks, I appreciate all you do to help the community Damned
    Hi Bonkon thats a start.
    Can you list out a few other examples and any odd results?
    Are there any modifiers? Like could the roll have been 2d6+2?
    Can there be multiple modifiers added?
    Are the dice always d6?
    That appears fairly straight forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I did not use the text string to make the rolls. I used the Coriolis and Forbidden Lands extensions. They are actually made for CoreRPG iirc but they worked fine in MoreCore also till the update. I was testing out their functions between the two rulesets to see which I preferred so I could delete the undesired campaign folder. The only issue I ran into was accessing the special dice in MoreCore because you could not select the custom die to the far bottom right in MoreCore (in CoreRPG they are all to the left ion the menu). It would just go back in the menu. I worked around this by loading each of the custom die into a character sheet under CoreRPG, export, then import into MoreCore. I could then drag the custom die types down to my quickbar for permanent access. After the update, that error would pop up on any roll attempt.

If you wish to break down the extensions (which may be more than you want to deal with), they are located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Lands-Mechanic and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extension)

I really need to learn how to break these things down and I'm trying to teach myself but the going is very slow. I only have minimal experience modifying code in MapTools. Eventually I would like to create custom sheet extensions under MoreCore for all the odd-ball games I want to run.

I shall have a look at those extensions...

Thread Information