FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 329 First ... 40484950515260100150 ... Last
    I've created a new thread for discussing playing Starfinder with the Pathfinder ruleset. Find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lay-Starfinder
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So i'm new to Morecore and editing rule sets in general. It looks easy to do in Morecore and I read the doc at https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html. My question is I want to set up stats (str, dex, con,) etc like D&D. The only way I see to do that is to set it up as a dice roll and add it to the char sheet but I don't want them as a dice roll. Just need them as a static number that can be changed. Any idea how to do this?

Ideas I do have but I depends a lot on what do you want to achieve with it.
    So if no roll is needed you can set them up as a test with the Chat command in the roll - as you would never push the button anyhow. If you need them as a modifier you can use the Mod command instead to get the value added to the modifier stack.

If you do not need the rolls functionality bat all you can also look at the Main Tab below the MoreCore tab and set it up there as you would in the CoreRPG.

So are there ways to get some rolls to auto calculate like in the D&D 5e ruleset. Example: When you select a target and roll to attack, it will look at the AC and let you know if its a hit or miss or crit. Then when you roll for damage, it will auto put in the damage. So far in MoreCore you have you manaully do all that. Same with stuff like initiative rolls. Just wondering if there are more automatic ways to set this up. I'm sure there is I'm just not finding any information on it yet. Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore doesn't, and can't, know the mechanics of the ruleset you are using. For instance, how would it know if you were rolling an attack against AC or a ability save? How would it know if a success is over or under the target number?

Those are all things that can be coded in game specific rulesets, but not in a generic ruleset that just provides all the die rolls and character sheet fields that can be used in any way someone wants.

You could take the MoreCore ruleset and make an extension or custom ruleset to do what you want, but that requires coding and such. I assume the game system you are wanting to use doesn't already have a dedicated ruleset? Out of curiosity, what system are you wanting to use?

Hopefully that helps. And of course, Trenloe or Damned might step in in a few minutes and prove me wrong (again!), but I am pretty confident I'm right on this one *g*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And that's what I kind of figured but wanted to make sure. I wouldnt mind rolling up my sleeves and do some coding to get what I'm looking for but would love a little push in the right direction if someone could, that would be fantastic. This is a custom game I've been working out outside of Fantasy Grounds and I'm trying to use Fantasy Ground to play test it a bit. It's closly related to D&D with some changes.

Blog Entries
    If it is closely related to D&D, you probably want to start with the appropriate D&D edition ruleset rather tan MoreCore.

I'm no ruleset developer, but I do know that they will point you to the Wiki and the Developer Guides. Also check out the various ruleset threads in the workshop as many issues, questions and answers are in those as well.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...veloper_Guides

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you have a D&D clone start with the D&D ruleset that is closest to your system and write the extension including all the changes you need - than all the automatic stuff might already warm as it is coded in the D&D ruleset.

Any chance of the /edies #d#x# (roll #dice and explode, count results above # as successes)

to use the modifier box like the wod dice do does for difficulty modifier

use Modifier box for additional Difficulty modification
    Last edited by Ardem; August 21st, 2017 at 18:25.

This is a very long thread (for me) and so I probably missed it, but... Is there a Roll command that takes a die roll result and compares it to the Defense (s instead of c because... 'Merica!) and then returns with Hit or Miss?

For example, with Fantasy AGE, the player rolls 3d6 and compares the result to the targets Defense to see if he hits.

Never mind. I just needed to read the... er... instructions.
    Last edited by Art Wendorf; August 24th, 2017 at 23:25.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Thread Information