STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Hlynrian thanks for your feedback.
    I need some clarification - I just make the Rolls based on what people tell me - and this happens a lot - people tell me one thing and others tell me something else.
    Can you please find one or more sources in rulebooks and copy/paste the relevant info for me?
    2 sources would be awesome if possible!

thanks
    Damian
    This is the text from the OpenD6 Adventure book, OpenD6 Space and OpenD6 Fantasy have the same text:

Rolling Dice

A die code shows how good a character is in a particular area, how harmful a weapon is, how useful a Special Ability or tool is, and so on. Each die code (also known as a value) indicates the number of six-sided dice you roll (1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, etc.), and sometimes an added bonus of “+1” or “+2” — referred to as pips — you add to the total result you roll on the dice.
    An Advantage, Special Ability, or piece of equipment may provide a bonus to the roll. If the bonus is in the form of a die code (such as +1D), then you add the listed number of regular dice to the amount you would roll. If the bonus is in the form of a number (such as +2), then you add the amount to the total that you rolled on the dice.

Example: A shovel adds 1D to digging attempts. A character who decides to dig a hole uses her lifting skill. If your character has a lift- ing skill of 4D, you would roll five dice to determine how well your character dug the hole with the shovel.

Wild Die

Whenever any player, including the gamemaster, makes any roll, one of the dice must be different from the rest (in size or color). Designated as the Wild Die, this odd die represents the vagaries of life — like the direction of the wind affecting the flight of a bullet — that are too small to warrant their own difficulty modifiers.

Example: Your character’s Reflexes attribute is 3D+1, so if your character tried to jump onto a table, you would roll two regular dice and one Wild Die.
    If the player has only 1D to roll, then that one die is always the Wild Die.
    If the player rolls a 6 on the Wild Die, this is called a Critical Success and she may add the 6 to her total and roll the Wild Die again. As long as she turns up Critical Successes on that die, she may continue to add them to her total and continue to roll. If she rolls anything other than a 6, she adds that number to the total and stops rolling.

If the player rolls a 1 on the initial toss of the Wild Die, this is called a Critical Failure, and the gamemaster may chose one of two options for the result, depending on the gravity of the situation.
    1. The Critical Failure cancels out the highest roll. Then the player adds the remaining values, and the roll is determined normally.
    2. Add the dice results normally, but a complication occurs. The gamemaster gauges the significance of the complication by the total generated — from a funny, “nearly didn’t do it” result for a high total to a serious, “we have a problem” obstacle for a low total.

When using the second option, make certain the complication chosen relates to the task attempted. It should serve as an extra, minor obstacle the characters must now deal with or, more often, as a place to insert a bit of comic relief. Only on rare occasions (such as numerous poor decisions by the players) should a complication be without solutions or even deadly. The complications can also serve as opportunities to bring nearly invincible characters down to a more reasonable level.

Note: Unlike rolling a Critical Failure initially on the Wild Die, no complications occur when a 1 shows up on later tosses of the Wild Die in the same roll.

All the books are available here: https://ogc.rpglibrary.org/index.php?title=OpenD6

There is an old WEG archive of "how the game works" here: https://web.archive.org/web/20050513.../d6/d6info.pdf

Cheers,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thanks - that is indeed different.
    Im neck deep in some OpenLegend stuff and then I will fix the /weg roll.
    As always, thank you for all you do!

From https://rpggeek.com/thread/614102/co...s-weg-editions

Wild Die
    1E, 1.1E, 1.5E: No.
    2E, 2.5E: Yes
    I don't know if you want WEG to represent WEG 1st Edition (which is now available from FFG as a 30th Anniversary Edition) or subsequent/OpenD6 editions?

IE - it might be worth making OpenD6 its own set of rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Stx11 View Post
    From https://rpggeek.com/thread/614102/co...s-weg-editions

I don't know if you want WEG to represent WEG 1st Edition (which is now available from FFG as a 30th Anniversary Edition) or subsequent/OpenD6 editions?

IE - it might be worth making OpenD6 its own set of rolls
    You are correct, the systems did change over time. Though I am not that familiar with the earlier Star Wars 1st edition I understood they did not use exploding die mechanics and since the /weg roller currently does I assumed it was replicating the OpenD6/2E version of the mechanics. Picking up the anniversary version of the game is tempting, thanks for point that out!

I'll see if I can find my old WEG book (don't have the 30th Anniversary Edition).

If so I'd be honored to!

I posted this elsewhere but wasnt sure where to put it so Ill ask here, my apologies.

Also one other question for damned. Im loving the Wrath and Glory addon to morecore but would you be able to make some subtle changes to it, I would buy you a cookie!

What I am looking for is just changing what is displayed in the roll window:

Removing "Failures" completely from the display - it throws the players a little, since all we need to see is the total icons calculated.
    Change wording of "Successes" to "Icons" and change "epic success" to "Exalted Icon".

On the wrath die, Just have it display the number rolled, but keep it the red color. Also if it rolls an Icon (4-6) or Exalted Icon (6), add it to the total for the others, since it works the same way, we just need to know what number it rolled. Some of my players are new to wrath and glory and roleplaying and its just having info there and seeing 4 failures even though they got the 2 icons they needed kinda throws them a bit.

So example: a dice roll of 1,1,3,4,5,5,6 and a wrath die of 6 would produce:

Wrath Die: 6
    Icons: 3 (for the 4,5,5)
    Exalted Icons (6's): 2 ( 2 sixes, one normal plus the wrath 6)

I dont know anything about coding or I would try myself so I dont know how hard it is. Thanks though if its possible, love what you did with it!

Blog Entries
    Hi Karandus

It appears I did not doco the Wrath & Glory rolls anywhere.
    They are:

/wrath #d6 Core dice rolls with Wrath dice.
    /wrathdmg #d6x# (x# is weapon damage) Core dice damage roll
    /wrathdmgm #d6x# Core dice damage roll involving a weapon with Melta keyword.
    /wrathdmgb #d6x# Core dice damage roll involving a weapon with the Brutal keyword
    /wrathe #d6 Dice roll without the Wrath dice.
    /wrathp #d6p# (#d6 is TOTAL dice pool,p# is number of wrath dice) Dice rolls, involving the Mastery Test of Psychic Powers

As to the changes (as per the posts above) Im happy to make changes if there is some sort of consensus. I dont play most of these systems so I build based on the info given to me. Let me try and get some further input on these.

Thread Information