FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Hi all, hopefully this will be an easy one.

With Kult Divinity Lost impending, I'm wondering what the dice string would be for a 2d10 roll that has graded success. 0-9 = failure, 10-14 = complications (partial success), and 15+ = success.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hi Alchemister you would need a new roll for the system to be able to report that info.
    But you still havent supplied enough info.
    What about modifiers? When and what modifiers can be applied?
    Do they apply before you determine success?
    Are there negative modifiers too?
    Is there **ever** any dice substitution for the 2d10? eg Dungeon World is 2d6 but one Barbarian skill allows 1d6+1d8.
    Basically it looks like a variant of the /pbta roll.

Hi Damned, and many thanks for the reply.

Essentially all skill/action rolls (moves) involve rolling 2d10 added to an attribute modifier. In all there are ten attributes and each of these has a modifier (and only a modifier) as its actual attribute. The modifiers for these stats can be +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, or -2.

To the best of my knowledge (limited to quick start rules at this point, I'm afraid) this will cover any and all rolls that need to be made. Success will then be measured based on the result of the modified dice roll, with any result up to and including 9 being a failure, 10-14 being a succes with complications, and 15 or above being a success.

There is no dice substitution.

Really appreciate your help.

Blog Entries
    Ok - Ive done a /kult roll for Kult Divinity Lost and a /crom roll for Conan 2d20 damage (unfortunately at this stage the damage is not drag and drop).
    Ive also built out a basic Locations and Organisations tool - nowhere near as deluxe as the DOE's but should be serviceable in the event that CoreRPG support is dropped.

Many thanks indeed!

Greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok - Ive done a /kult roll for Kult Divinity Lost and a /crom roll for Conan 2d20 damage (unfortunately at this stage the damage is not drag and drop).
    Ive also built out a basic Locations and Organisations tool - nowhere near as deluxe as the DOE's but should be serviceable in the event that CoreRPG support is dropped.
    How about adding multiplication ability to the diceroller?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedrious View Post
    How about adding multiplication ability to the diceroller?
    Ive been looking at it but its not just multiplication - its the freeform nature of your string.
    Im nowhere near as good at coding as Dulux-Oz is...

Damned, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you are doing with MoreCore! This truely is a labour of love for you and it shows in the results! I have gotten more gaming in due to MoreCore then any other ruleset due to its flexibility!

Thanks! Jolly!

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    Damned, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you are doing with MoreCore! This truely is a labour of love for you and it shows in the results! I have gotten more gaming in due to MoreCore then any other ruleset due to its flexibility!

Thanks! Jolly!
    Agreed, my being able to run FantasyCraft on FG was only made possible through MoreCore!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post

Thanks! Jolly!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    Agreed, my being able to run FantasyCraft on FG was only made possible through MoreCore!
    Huzzah!

Thread Information