FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Halloween One Shot for DCC RPG (time slot negotiable)

Come one, Come all. Please join me for a One-Shot DCC RPG adventure at 9:30 pm EDT (GMT - 4) on Oct 30th. Let's ring in the Scary Day by dying together in horrific manners inconceivable by mankind.

No experience with Fantasy Grounds is necessary. I have an Ultimate license, so demo runners are welcome. No experience with DCC RPG is necessary, I will teach what you need to know. Come join the fun for this one night of horror.

This is a 6th level adventure and pre-gens will be provided. The plan is to play from approximately 9:30 pm till 1 am. If the adventure isn't concluded by then, we can discuss a continuation date at that time.

This is the horror I have in store for you:

Attachment 15848
    Last edited by vodokar; October 25th, 2016 at 22:35.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

My intent with the timeframe from 9:30 pm EDT to 1 am EDT on Oct 30th is so we could ring in the holiday at midnight, however, since I am not getting any responses, I will open it up for different time slot suggestions. I realize it is a little late for some people who have to go to work the next day, myself included.

The only hard and fast rule is that I can not begin until after 930 pm on Sundays thru Wednesdays. Thursdays, I could begin at any time, but would have to end no later than 730 pm. My fridays and saturdays are completely open. The time constraints are because my wife gets up at 730 pm and I drive her to work at 8:45 pm from Sun thru Thursday.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    You might see if you could cross post in leozeligs other DCC post. It has taken him a while to build up a group of DCC players. He may have an extra player or three to direct your way.

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    My intent with the timeframe from 9:30 pm EDT to 1 am EDT on Oct 30th is so we could ring in the holiday at midnight, however, since I am not getting any responses, I will open it up for different time slot suggestions. I realize it is a little late for some people who have to go to work the next day, myself included.

The only hard and fast rule is that I can not begin until after 930 pm on Sundays thru Wednesdays. Thursdays, I could begin at any time, but would have to end no later than 730 pm. My fridays and saturdays are completely open. The time constraints are because my wife gets up at 730 pm and I drive her to work at 8:45 pm from Sun thru Thursday.
    Depending on the time and day, I might be able to join. Friday and Saturday are out, though. I play in a game on Friday night (8pm) and run a game on Saturday night (also 8pm). Would definitely love to play if it works out, though!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Blog Entries
    I like the midnight idea. I don't know for sure if I can play on Sunday, but if I'm around, I am definitely interested.

Holey Moly!
    I'm off that night!
    Do I need to RSVP?

Sunday night would be rough as I have a 0330am (EDT) reveille call monday, but this sounds interesting.
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

I just found out this morning that I will no longer be driving my wife to work. It's a long story, but the gist is that she has pannick attacks due to PTSD from an accident a couple of years ago, so she didn't want to drive anymore. Only problem is, in order to be able to drive her, she needed to go into work early and leave early and her employer just set the foot down about doing that. So, she will need to make the drive whether she likes it or not.

So, the good news for us is that I will be able to start earlier than 9:30 pm, if necessary. Perhaps 7 pm will work. I'll still need to take a brief break to help my wife get out the door to work around 930, but otherwise should be uninterrupted.

As for the day for this, well, that is really up to the players. I am open to do it virtually any day next week. I just want to get the ball rolling. I haven't hosted a game for a couple years now. Looking forward to dm'ing again and looking very forward to meeting all of you.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

7 may be doable! Sleep is over-rated!
    Ultimate license
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

If the time has been officially moved up to 7pm, I would be all over this like white on rice. As I mentioned in my one and only other post, I haven't used FG before, but I used to run D&D out of the big red box and I have been a keeper in CoC so I'm pretty okay at picking up most RPGs. Am I correct in assuming that this will be pretty much hack'n'slash?
    "How do you want to do this?"

Ultimate License

Thread Information