DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Fair enough Trenloe, I guess it is best for the GM to manage it. To be honest I prefer smaller groups anyway.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

RE: No shows

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular - just a general comment to everyone as the usual "complaint" we get is regarding no shows: virtually everyone who signs up for these events are adults. We post many reminders, many guidelines, emails go out, newsletters go out, links are all over the place. But, if someone is disorganised, forgets, makes a decision that they're just not going to play, their usual community expects and caters for no shows, etc., then there's not much we can do about it. There is a point where reminders become spam and people just stop reading them - so things get worse because people miss important announcements as they are lost in the multitude of reminders.

We understand the frustrations.

I suppose if the main complaints we get are regarding no shows, then that means that we're pretty much doing most of the rest of the FG Con "stuff" OK and should maybe see it as a compliment.

We will take some ideas on board and discuss among ourselves what we can do in future. So thanks for the feedback.

Some background to the software we use: We are limited in a lot we can do based off the free website software and plugins we use. We have done some modifications, but these need to be re-applied every time there is a software update (usually we need to re-do customizations at each convention). The more customizations we do, the more the work we have to do at each convention - and the greater the chance that we break something either now or in the future. So, please keep that in mind when you think a change might be easy - maybe it is, but testing and maintaining that change for the next 10, 20, 30 FG Cons is not easy. So, we keep our changes to really important "stuff" (like time zones) and don't tinker too much with the base product for nice-to-haves.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 17th, 2016 at 22:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Eep - I didn't mean for it to sound like a criticism. You are right, all cons get no shows, even ones that aren't free. I would take it as a compliment that there really isn't much to improve.

Plus, people not turning up give others the chance to hop in games

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Eep - I didn't mean for it to sound like a criticism.
    We've had the feedback from many people - it's not just you!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River
    Managed to get into two games, one I signed up for way in advance, one I just tagged myself in TS Lobby as looking for a game and got invited. Enjoyed them both a great deal and learned some stuff about FG and DnD! Met some good players and people also. Even connected with another OldJarhead!!

Perhaps we should just take the Jay and Silent Bob approach

Attachment 15740

My first FG-Con...no complaints. Big thanks to everyone showing up and for Mask_of_winter for running Badabing, Badaboom! Can't wait for the next Con��
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Quote Originally Posted by OldJarhead View Post
    one I just tagged myself in TS Lobby as looking for a game and got invited.
    This is one area where I think we can improve - getting last minute replacements into games at the time of the game. It might work for some systems but less so for others (AL and PFS players usually need their PC ready - unless they can play a pregen and the GM is prepared for that).

We'll discuss over the coming months...

I had a blast. I had to cancel one of the games I was signed up to but did so with an email five days in advance. Got into a late game Sunday night by using LFG. Overall I had a blast. I hate it when people don't say then they cancel. Happens all the time.
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde87 View Post
    I should thank the no shows, as that gave me the opportunity to play an extra session when I found my wife had no plans Saturday!
    And I'm glad she did! It was great having you join us!

I agree with Trenloe on this. I don't think any type of reconfirming would be beneficial to the vast majority. No shows are annoying, I had 3 (out of 17), but was able to replace 2 of them. I don't take it personally, given the positive feedback of the events, I suspect it is there loss. But life happens and i don't hold it against them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information