STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    This is my first extensions. Basically I want to solve this issue: I forget to apply passive effect everytime a character is added to the combat tracker. ( Like "Fighter Style: Dueling - +2 to dmg" or "Heavy Armor Master: resist to dmg" )
    If someone else already solved this issue let me know.
    I dunno if it helps but I've wrote code in my ruleset (based on the 5e ruleset) that allows effects on items. When the item is equipped the effects are applied to the player, if the item is unequipped, it's removed. If the items are equipped and the user is placed into the CT, they are added. I find these are very helpful for things like you're talking. Such as a paladin holy symbol that automatically adds his "Prot Evil;IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;".

I've been tempted to make a extension for this but just not got around to it yet. Frankly I think it should be part of 5e ruleset (or maybe even CoreRPG) but that's just me.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyraneas View Post
    Got really spoiled by this extension. So I attempted to fix it, works so far in my testing. Let me know how it goes.

WARNING: In testing so far, there seems to be a conflict with another extension. If you are using the Effect Targeting Enhancement extension then this fix will cause errors.
    Well done and THANX!!!!!! BIG TIME!! I cannot (CANNOT!!!) do without this extension. lol
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I dunno if it helps but I've wrote code in my ruleset (based on the 5e ruleset) that allows effects on items. When the item is equipped the effects are applied to the player, if the item is unequipped, it's removed. If the items are equipped and the user is placed into the CT, they are added. I find these are very helpful for things like you're talking. Such as a paladin holy symbol that automatically adds his "Prot Evil;IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;".

I've been tempted to make a extension for this but just not got around to it yet. Frankly I think it should be part of 5e ruleset (or maybe even CoreRPG) but that's just me.
    WHAT? This is ground breaking! Can you tell me exactly how you did this?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    WHAT? This is ground breaking! Can you tell me exactly how you did this?
    Added a string to items called "effects" and then in char_invlist.lua (when equipped/removed/deleted) and manager_combat2.lua (custom function addPC()) I run a simple function that applies that string to the effects list if it's missing or needs to be removed.

Actually glancing over it again, it might not be to difficult. Work has be buried right now and I've only been able to update things to deal with 3.3.2 with my ruleset but when I get done I'll try and make a pass at turning this into a extension as proof of concept.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Added a string to items called "effects" and then in char_invlist.lua (when equipped/removed/deleted) and manager_combat2.lua (custom function addPC()) I run a simple function that applies that string to the effects list if it's missing or needs to be removed.

Actually glancing over it again, it might not be to difficult. Work has be buried right now and I've only been able to update things to deal with 3.3.2 with my ruleset but when I get done I'll try and make a pass at turning this into a extension as proof of concept.
    Oh, so "programming then" dammit
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Oh, so "programming then" dammit
    This made me laugh and smile, thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh, thank you guys! I'm not having enough time to work on the fix by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Oh, thank you guys! I'm not having enough time to work on the fix by myself.
    No problem man! Thank you for coming up with this in the first place!!! Happy to help.

Not seeing anything attached? Just the attached files image?
    Am logged on ok and can get the jpg attached in the post above ok

Hello,

Im receiving a script error when i drag and drop the player in the CT.

Thread Information